Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightning_The_Hedghog said:
What if Sonic went into the PAST!? That would be................Different... But hey! if Sonic goes to the past they might remake 2-D Sonic Levels 3-D!! Like they did in SA2. But that was only 1 level. Green Hill zone

Let's keep Sonic in the present, m'kay?

@Lightning: Uh.... yeah. Mind me telling you that it's been done before? Let us not forget that Sonic CD covered traveling through the past, present, and posssible futures (depending if you destroyed that one machine in the past, collected all the time stones, or just simply past the future sign and simply ran into the future.)
So yeah.... Repeating ideas. Werehog, on the other hand, is exploring new boundaries (for the Sonic franchise.) The world in 7 parts is least often done (Even though it was used in Sonic Advance 3.)
Maybe exploring old ideas might help our blue friend.... I wouldn't mind go the future by..... running by signs. *Chuckles.*

If Chip is a tutorial person then what will happen to OMOCHAO!?!?!?!?!?!
Omochao will be sealed away in the fiery pit of hell from which he spawned.

Re: AHHH

Sondaniel22 said:
superflip96 said:
ATH64 said:
guys your making me exited for that game its said to be segas best game made ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so far.

I do believe S3&K has taken that title, Years ago.
Sonic Adventure. In my opinion.
S3&K was just an extension of Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, not necessarily it's own game.

It wasn't an extention of either game at all, the only thing different was the emerald system, also they are one game, they were released as seperate games because it couldn't all fit on one cartridge, it is meant to be played as one game, and I agree with superflip, S3&k has taken the title of best sonic game and it would take a miracle for sega to make a game better than it.

So I saw the video Blue Warrior posted and there are a couple things that I'm a bit apprehensive about. The framerate doesn't seem to really suffer and Chip doesn't look too intrusive. However unless the player wasn't really playing that well it looked like the controls weren't quite as tight as they ought to be, and additionally the camera looks like it ought to pull back a little...

There have been some screens of the Wii version and it looks pretty awesome (obviously not as shiny as the next-gen versions but anyways) and some of them showed some more of the Were-hog gameplay which some sites are now taking as proof that its not going to necessarily be a beat-em-up but have a little bit more platforming focus than the day time. (of course, this was my impression the first time I saw him in action)

Blue Warrior said:
http://www.sonicstadium.org/news/meet-chip

It's a short video, but it shows a little bit of Chip at the end. Oh, and Sonic doing a break dance.
It turns out that chip is the tutorial Person/bot/thing whatever you call it!!

Yay another useless character to chuck into the game. Why not Omochao just do it? it makes it easier than bringing up new characters which only have 1 role and they get dumped, it's the circle of life for some of them.

I'm not worried about Chip's appearance at all. Just because he might only appear in this game doesn't mean he's necessarily a useless character. Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy probably will make very few appearances in future Mario games, but a large portion of SMG's story (and backstory, of course) revolves around her and her spaceship, so she's fulfilled a decent purpose. I'm assuming this will be pretty much the same deal. Also, if the developing team knows what they're doing (which I'm still rather convinced they do), Chip will actually be tolerable company, and we won't have to bear what happened in SatSR again.

JEV: About the physics, I noticed the parts that were concerning you, and to me, it looks like the player is just messing up or screwing around, especially on the parts where he randomly Sonic Boosts the robots on the first half of the video. I assume he got better in the second half of the video, and I didn't see anything that really looked clunky to me, so it's probably just the way he was playing the game.

The camera looked fine in the 3D sections, but in the 2D sections, the camera seems a lot more closeup in comparison to the Genesis games, and that's not very comforting, since, even with the camera movement engine, you can't really tell what's ahead of Sonic. By the looks of it, though, it doesn't seem as if Sonic really needs to look ahead at those sections. So I'm hoping at least one of these two things: the close-up camera are only for sections where far-out view isn't necessary, or the camera distance will be toggled in the final version.

Hyperknux said:
Yay another useless character to chuck into the game. Why not Omochao just do it? it makes it easier than bringing up new characters which only have 1 role and they get dumped, it's the circle of life for some of them.
Omochao is annoying.

And as for the 1 game thing. It worked great for Tikal and Chaos (their cameo roles in SA2 and Sonic Battle were good too), and I'm sure we'd all prefer if it happened to Shadow. It'll definitely happen for Chip.

I'll Begin said:
Omochao is annoying.

What else is annoying is having a new character in every sonic game being added and then instantly deleted.

No matter how annoying Omochao was before, I think sega could possibly fix that if he were the tutorial character in this game.

If that doesnt work and they just put in yet ANOTHER character, We know one thing is for sure. Sega doesn't listen to thier fans.

Hyperknux said:
Yeah! Why doesn't Omochao do it! WHY!?!?!?!? SEGA BRING OMOCHAO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Please? No matter how annoying he is, He SHOULD be in this game!! HE'S ORIGINAL!!!! Tip/Chip (Whatever you call him) He's just gonna get DUMPED in the next game!!!! So whats the point of bringing a new character!?!? (Although I like the idea of the werehog!)

Yeah! Why doesn't Omochao do it! WHY!?!?!?!? SEGA BRING OMOCHAO BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Please? No matter how annoying he is, He SHOULD be in this game!! HE'S ORIGINAL!!!! Tip/Chip (Whatever you call him) He's just gonna get DUMPED in the next game!!!! So whats the point of bringing a new character!?!? (Although I like the idea of the werehog!)

I think at this point I'll keep count of how many !'s you put in your posts.[/offtopic]

Anyway, I don't really care about the sidekick as long as the game itself is good.

Chisuun said:

I think at this point I'll keep count of how many !'s you put in your posts.[/offtopic]

Anyway, I don't really care about the sidekick as long as the game itself is good.
I put in th !'s cause I'm shouting!!! Like now!! [/offtopic] But Omochao was great! Sure he was a annoying! But he was original...... I don't think anyones with me on this one.............CRAP.... I also care if the game itself is good.

Well said, Chisuun!
It's funny, the guys at SEGA are glad they replaced Omochao with Chip. I like his character design, but we're not sure yet if he'll have a really good role in the game's story.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Well said, Chisuun!
It's funny, the guys at SEGA are glad they replaced Omochao with Chip. I like his character design, but we're not sure yet if he'll have a really good role in the game's story.
I'm not sure if Chip will have a good roll in this game either. Hopefully he will or he'll be a waste of a new character and sega will dump Chip!....... And hopefully they won't add a new tutorial character in the next game!......

I put in th !'s cause I'm shouting!!! Like now!! [/offtopic]

One's enough. Two or three maybe, but only for special cases.

But Omochao was great! Sure he was a annoying! But he was original...... I don't think anyones with me on this one.............CRAP....

Uh, yeah... Omochao? Original? He's just a mechanical flying chao. Anything I pull out of my rear would be more original than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back