Sonic Unleashed......IN A CELL PHONE????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diskette Projector

Floppy Disk Horse
I was browsing the Sony Ericsson 'Fun & Downloads' webpage, and i was looking for new games to download for my W200i. I browsed pages and pages, and suddenly saw a Sonic Unleashed game for 1000 HUF, and i was like: "WTH WHATS UNLEASHED DOING IN A CELL PHONE JAVA GAMES LIST???". I was shocked, that it wasn't any hoax or anything, it was an actual game, ready to download. I downloaded it, and started playing it.

This game was made by Gameloft, and the game itself is almost like another example of those awful Unleashed fan games out there!

- Graphics: It was OK, i didn't have any problems with it.
- Story: The story is complete randomized, and does not reffer to the original game so much! Also there are stolen lines from the original game, and some new ones by Gameloft!
- Gameplay: This game (unlike the fan games) have the Day/Night gameplay method from the original game! The Sonic section is okay, but not EXACTLY Unleashed gameplay, more like a Sonic Rush type of gameplay! The Werehog section is where it starts to get out-of-place: By just pressing the 5 button you can attack, but the the attacks often doesn't hit, no Unleashed mode, instead you get a "powerful" diving move, which drains your "energy", no life bar, uses the ring-loss damaging method! Also only 3 zones???
- Music: Uses MIDI sequences. I'm okay with that, because most JAVA games have MIDI sequences, BUT the musics are not full, AKA it'll get cutoff so soon, and the composing of these musics are sometimes bad!

So, i say it was fun in the begining, but it was short lived! I was a bit dissapointed with this game, but i got more dissapointed with this: I saw this video below, and i see it was a diffirent version i had, which means they make a worse version for non-smart phones like my W200i? Oh come on, why does they have to make something worst?

Well, umm...discuss!!!

Video footages: (not mine)
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hToyP7sby_U
"Egg Fish" boss fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2O4HFGmZ9E
I can't find a video about my "awful" version, if anyone finds one, then please tell me thanks!

This has been around for a while.

I've played it for a bit, and it's not exactly the best of the versions....

Its Cold in *slapped

The game is awful. The controls aren't even that great. And they are some what buggy. Sometimes, the werehog's controls mess up. Or a platform is so far that you need 100% luck and aim to get it. Don't get me started on the bosses, they just drool in time. You just do the same thing for 5 minutes. BOO

Also there are stolen lines from the original game
How do you steal lines from the same game? The game IS SONIC UNLEASHED. Yes, the story is randomized. And chip looks retarded. There is an adabat cutscene in Spagonia night.. WTF?

Sonic Rush gameplay... BLEH. It 100 times worse then Rush. First of all, you'll never get a boost to last more then 10 seconds. All the gimmicks were stolen from Sonic 2 GG and Sonic Rush. You know those mushrooms in SRA in the first level? There in Chun-nan. It doesn't make sense! And theres those water hydrants from SR water level in apotos. And bubbles from Sonic 2.

Don't get me started with the music, the loop the same part so many times. Its awful!

What do you mean by your "terrible" version?

A Crappy port of a Crappy Game, How could you go wrong? *shot*
I'll admit from the trailers, The Day stages look Decent, But the Werehog stages make me cringe, Just like the original game Did.

Also, Notice how in the First trailer *the one posted by Gameloft themselves*, Hedgehog is spelt Hadgehog in the description.

Autosaver said:
What do you mean by your "terrible" version?

I downloaded it for Sony Ericsson W200i, it has smaller resolution, and some objects don't animate!

Autosaver said:
How do you steal lines from the same game? The game IS SONIC UNLEASHED.

I wanted to mean, that they put the lines where they don't fit in, and often needless!! So in short: The whole storyline DOESN'T MAKES SENSE......AT ALL!!!!

^Don't have to be so mean. :x We don't even have a topic for this anyways.

Hum, do you have another cell phone you could try this on?

Autosaver said:
^Don't have to be so mean. :x

I'm sorry? How did you interpret what I said as mean? It is rather old news, and that's all I said. Also, topic derail.

That game looks really, really bad. The graphics are shoddy at best, and the werehog stages look even worse than day stages.

Fyrus said:
Autosaver said:
^Don't have to be so mean. :x

I'm sorry? How did you interpret what I said as mean? It is rather old news, and that's all I said. Also, topic derail.

That game looks really, really bad. The graphics are shoddy at best, and the werehog stages look even worse than day stages.

Well, not really mean but not very nice. XD

The graphics are OK for a cell phone game. Yes, the werehog stages are horrible. The whole game feels like a game maker game.

The lack of Super Sonic bothers me....
SS wasn't REALLY in the original game. Just the final boss. How does this game end anyways?

Autosaver said:
The graphics are OK for a cell phone game. Yes, the werehog stages are horrible. The whole game feels like a game maker game.
On the contrary don't most Java ME-based games feel like game maker sewn-togethers?

There's not much to expect on the Java ME market games wise. However, this one had some pretty well done midi loops of the original songs in Sonic Unleashed. They're short, maybe thirty seconds a piece, but they're pretty accurate.

Pac said:
TrueTenguMan said:
Pac said:
The lack of Super Sonic bothers me....

Uh.....so what?

The cell game is bad enough without a super form stage.

That's what I mean.
You didn't understand what I ment my friend.

"The game is bad enough" Meaning no other features or stages would reconsider our thoughts to playing it more or make it better. Super Sonic is not an improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back