Sonic the Hedgehog iPhone Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboi

img0008a.png

img0010h.png

img0007u.png

So I just "purchased" this port of Sonic the Hedgehog (titled "Sonic 1" on the iPhone menu, so expect more) and I have to say, compared to some of the other ports out there, it's pretty top notch. It controls surprisingly well, and runs fine. If any of you guys have an iPhone or iPod Touch, you should check it out.

As an added note, the virtual d-pad earns bonus points for looking like Genesis buttons.

Why would I buy something I already have handheld without the awful touch screen controls.

Three problems with this.
1.) I can't do the damn level select code...
2.) Sound can be inaccurate at times.
3.) Controls make me cry.

Hate to double post here, but

akirahedgehog said:
Three problems with this.
1.) I can't do the damn level select code...
2.) Sound can be inaccurate at times.
3.) Controls make me cry.

cheatmenu.png

There's a save state with the cheat menu in it. If you go into the app's files and swap the save state it loads when you pick "New Game" with the cheat menu save, it'll load that menu whenever you pick New Game.

Bigboi said:
There's a save state with the cheat menu in it. If you go into the app's files and swap the save state it loads when you pick "New Game" with the cheat menu save, it'll load that menu whenever you pick New Game.

I can't do the damn level select code..

Ah hem...lol

Anyways Nice find, does this port have any faults in it?

Autosaver said:
Bigboi said:

I can't do the damn level select code..

Ah hem...lol

Anyways Nice find, does this port have any faults in it?

Well, the port itself is fine. I hear from others that the sound isn't perfect, but I think it's fine. Besides, I generally listen to my own music while playing it. It IS an iPod, after all.

As for playing other Sonic games, Sonic and Knuckles is unplayable for the time being. Sonic 2 pretty much perfectly emulated, except for multiplayer. There's no way to play multiplayer on a single iPod/iPhone anyway, so there's no need for fixing that.

Does the emulator even emulate the interlaced mode Sonic 2's two player mode uses?

Also, this time they didn't call Steve Snake, apparently.

Conic said:
http://www.zodttd.com/wiki/index.php/Genesis4iphone

It has all the buttons and can play other roms much easier than messing with the .app.

Except the sound's awful and games generally run way too fast for it to be playable. Zod really needs to learn to limit the FPS to 60.

Fyrus said:
As if I didn't need enough incentive to buy an iPod. Is this the iPhone or iPod Touch?

iPhone and iPod Touch are basically the same thing; the difference being that the iPod Touch lacks phone and camera capabilities.

My point is that pretty much everything released for the iPhone is available for the iPod Touch; so your answer would be both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back