Sonic Team will be removing the original Generations off of Steam.

RedSRB2

試合が始まりますように。
Today, Sonic Team announced earlier today that the original Sonic Generations will be delisted off of the Steam marketplace. The date of its removal will be on September 9th, 2024.

They know about the possible backlash for its removal, so they decided to preserve the game via future game bundles on Steam & Xbox. All of the current owners will still get to downlaod and play it as how they did before. It was also, fortunately to many, told that mods on the original Steam version WILL NOT be affected by this delistment.

IMG_20240809_185535.jpg

imagine not getting the game before sonic x shadow gens could never be me

your paying $60 for a port and dlc
while if you get it now its only $20

Sonic Generations is the 2nd sonic game that i played in my Xbox360 (i only had this console)

At least the Xbox port has FPS boost Good luck all the PlayStation owners in the world on top of that PlayStation 3 games are not even forward compatible with PlayStation 4 but I guess I'm being captain obvious here

PlayStation 3 games are not even forward compatible with PlayStation 4
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you can play the game on your PS4/5 by streaming, in case you have a PS+ subscription.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you can play the game on your PS4/5 by streaming, in case you have a PS+ subscription.
I am sorry to burst your bubble, but not everybody has great Internet like you kids

I run off of a cell phone connection that is capped at a certain data rate With a possible data limit even though I have 5G

Keep in mind that streaming anything over the Internet is a detriment in quality Possible input lag compared to actually owning the physical game and owning the physical hardware

And if you’re going to mention streaming a game, I will mention software piracy makes a lot more sense

Here are the Sonic Generations System Requirements (Minimum)
  • CPU: Intel Pentium Dual-Core T4200 (2x2.0GHz) or AMD equivalent.
  • CPU SPEED: Info.
  • RAM: 2 GB RAM (XP)/3 GB RAM (Windows 7 / Vista)
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 (512MB) / ATI Radeon HD 2900 (512MB)
  • TOTAL VIDEO RAM: 512 MB.
  • PIXEL SHADER: 3.0.
  • VERTEX SHADER: 3.0.
Sounds like it is cheaper to have a computer faster than this then to pay for a PlayStation plus subscription

On top of that, since we are streaming the game, it is technically capable to play on an iPhone, android home Computer Nintendo or Xbox console not really being true forwards compatibility,

Keep in mind when I say forward compatibility that is a hardware and software thing not some Internet mumbo-jumbo Hiding behind a paid subscription.

I can barely wait for the pending argument :D

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back