Sonic Superstars: What's Your Opinion?

Vincent The Rabbear

Professional Eediot
So, since we just got a trailer for a new 2.5D Classic Sonic game out of the blue (no pun intended), I'd like to see what your guys opinions are on this game. My opinion is that it has some pretty unique ideas as seen in the commercial like the new powerups and abilities and multiplayer, and we also get to see Fang in the trailer, which is surprising in a nice way. What do you think of all the stuff that was revealed in the trailer?

So, since we just got a trailer for a new 2.5D Classic Sonic game out of the blue (no pun intended), I'd like to see what your guys opinions are on this game. My opinion is that it has some pretty unique ideas as seen in the commercial like the new powerups and abilities and multiplayer, and we also get to see Fang in the trailer, which is surprising in a nice way. What do you think of all the stuff that was revealed in the trailer?
Bro how did ur thread ger approved before mine...? anyways it look really good, my only concern is when they showed off tails, knux, and amy, they looked like they had barely any momentum. It just looked like they were running, not using the slopes and loop-de-loops to their advantage. Other than that, it looked expectational, Fang is confirmed, and we have no idea what that rope-slinging thing was

To me, so far it looks like its aiming to be the NSMBwii of the Classic Sonic games, in a good way. A lot of good potential here, that's for sure. However, I wouldn't go as far as saying is perfect and complete. For all we know, it could have "the dimps level design problem" as I call it, where there are FAR more speed panels than should be allowed.

Regardless, 4 player looks and sounds like its gonna be chaotic and fun! And the power-up mechanics looks amazing too. I just hope all 4 characters have access to Super transformation.

I really like the look of Sonic Superstars as I just love the classic style, especially in 3D, and I'm glad they're doing it in better quality than Sonic Forces. The gameplay as all the characters looks really fun, can't wait to play it, especially in co-op mode.

Honestly after how classic played in Forces i was a little hesitant at immediately saying "wooo we getting a good game"

But then i saw that Fang was getting (official) attention for the first time since the 90s unless you count the comics or cameos like mania so...

Im just hoping Fang's role isn't a letdown with the tease. Otherwise trailer and gameplay look alright.

I'm cautiously optimistic. It looks like they're going for Genesis era physics, and it'll be a miracle if they pull it off. It'll probably have Denuvo like every other recent Sonic title. But those things aside, it has nice graphics, and a chance of being a good experience on its own merits -- we'll just have to wait until reviews and more gameplay footage start coming in.

I'll believe it's good when I see it. It seems a little too fanservice-y.
Also, I wonder when this game takes place in the timeline of the games.

I just hope that eventually the game updates to support online multiplayer. Not everyone has friends/family who would play with them locally, and we know that it's possible to pull it off for a Sonic game because Sonic 4 Episode II did it pretty well. I'd like to play with my friends, but most of them live across the ocean.

I just hope that eventually the game updates to support online multiplayer. Not everyone has friends/family who would play with them locally, and we know that it's possible to pull it off for a Sonic game because Sonic 4 Episode II did it pretty well. I'd like to play with my friends, but most of them live across the ocean.
Heard that there was gonna be an online PvP, or something like that. I think premydaremy featured it, but i cant remember.

I am skeptical, if PvP means I can hit people ingame during co-op this game will be really fun with friends.

On closer examination of the trailer and comparing it to what little look we've got at Amy from Origins Plus, I've come to the conclusion that it seems very likely that both games give her the same new moveset. This might mean that this is the moveset Classic Amy will get in future games as well.

In particular, it looks like Amy's moveset includes a sort of "Hammer Dash" (It might be called something else) with which she runs forward while wildly swinging her hammer around for a few seconds, smashing through breakable terrain and possibly enemies for the duration. If Origins Plus's trailers are any indication, this move has to be charged up while jumping similar to a drop dash, and Superstars' trailer reveals that Amy continues running even after she stops swinging her hammer.

I'm excited to toy around with this new move and get a feel for how well it works in both games.

I don't know, but the trailer and the gampley that IGN released seem very automated to me, similar to how Sonic 4 was. On the other hand the characters animations and graphics look quite nice.

It looks promising, physics and gameplay both look good, the music is eerily similar to Sonic 4 with the use of genesis instruments mixed with synth (actually it is literally the one from Sonic 4 with a few exceptions)

Longer gameplay footage here, Fang shows up near the end too

well, they didn't show that much gameplay but i think it will be good since almost every classic sonic game was good, except origins which i will count as something of a cash grab

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back