Sonic Spinoffs: Should they return?

As an Episode 2 enjoyer myself, I doubt you'll face much resistance to this opinion. Episode 2 is a fun and neat little thing but it's hardly peak Sonic and leaves a lot of room for improvement. The best thing I can say about Episode 2 is that its implementation of the team mechanic holds a lot of really good untapped potential that I hope gets explored properly some day.
And Sonic Superstars is having 4 player multiplayer,somewhat like New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Not to mention,Multiplayer in Episode 2 sucks :v

And Sonic Superstars is having 4 player multiplayer,somewhat like New Super Mario Bros Wii.

Not to mention,Multiplayer in Episode 2 sucks :v
I couldn't stand the NSMB era of games. They were all copy and paste. All 4 of them. lol Sonic Superstars looks brand spanking new though!

Its been months since the last post done here,so i might as well say what Sonic spin-offs could be made (only my opinion).

1. As stated months ago,i really want a game that fleshes out the story of Knuckles. Since Adventure 1 (and maybe Chronicles?), we never got anything more from his backstory,so doing this would be great for all those Knuckles fans out there.

2. A proper return of Sonic Runners. That game so much potential,but ultimately got killed because Sega Of Japan didnt got it be successful. Removing the whole roulette system,make a replacement to unlock characters and buddies,and add a lot more characters would make the game be at its peak. Considering that the game was adding characters we genuinely forgot about,this can be done here aswell. For example,make the character roaster from the OG game's final update be here as the roaster for the first version,and then return many characters as updates progress.

1. As stated months ago,i really want a game that fleshes out the story of Knuckles. Since Adventure 1 (and maybe Chronicles?), we never got anything more from his backstory,so doing this would be great for all those Knuckles fans out there.
There's a little bit in Frontiers. Considering the teleporter that Knuckles found and used in Sky Sanctuary, we know that Sky Sanctuary was made by the Ancients before the Echidna's moved into the area. This also helps us understand a little bit more about the historical connection between Chaos and Knuckles. But yeah, I'd love another Knuckles spinoff game. Chaotix just doesn't really scratch that itch.
2. A proper return of Sonic Runners. That game so much potential,but ultimately got killed because Sega Of Japan didnt got it be successful. Removing the whole roulette system,make a replacement to unlock characters and buddies,and add a lot more characters would make the game be at its peak. Considering that the game was adding characters we genuinely forgot about,this can be done here aswell. For example,make the character roaster from the OG game's final update be here as the roaster for the first version,and then return many characters as updates progress.
I'd like to see it get the Mega Man X DiVE Offline treatment. Removing the gacha/gambling mechanics and microtransactions entirely and just simply slapping an up front price with the ability to unlock everything the old fashioned way by making progress through the game, and all without requiring an internet connection to play.

Why not bring back Knuckles Chaotix but as a game where you aren't tethered to your partner and instead it's like Sonic and Tails in Sonic 3&K? Have abilities that aid each other in levels and levels designed around them. Less acts per zone of course and more variety and detail in the zones too. Get Tee Lopes for the OST of course. Have everyone in the Chaotix be playable too with Sonic or Tails as a secret unlockable character.

Why not bring back Knuckles Chaotix but as a game where you aren't tethered to your partner and instead it's like Sonic and Tails in Sonic 3&K? Have abilities that aid each other in levels and levels designed around them. Less acts per zone of course and more variety and detail in the zones too. Get Tee Lopes for the OST of course. Have everyone in the Chaotix be playable too with Sonic or Tails as a secret unlockable character.
I was actually thinking of a Knuckles Chaotix remake with a similliar structure. However,the gimmick is similliar to Encore Mode from Mania Plus: You switch between characters with a push of 2 buttons,which are based on what character you want to use.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back