Sonic Riders first impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJames19119 said:
Bah, I went ahead and got all golds. The missions get a lot easier if you do them enough. You just need persistance.

By the way, Super Sonic sucks on any course other than the Babylon Guardian course. :\

No, supersonic is just overpowerd there. You need to conserve your rings in all the other courses, and when you do you will stay way ahead of the competition, assuming you don't run out. Supersonic is very powerful, but it requires a skilled player to use him.

Considering the fact you have to go out of your way to get rings anyways (Unless you get a lucky moniter) and the fact that Super Sonic isn't even that fast anyways (Sonic could beat Super Sonic in a course like Babylon Garden simply because he has much better turning at just 20 MPH less speed) it's very difficult to win steady races with him. Take note that in places with a lot of curves, it's impossible to conserve your rings since the power slide move, which is almost required for Super Sonic to get past most turns, eats up rings like nobody's buisness.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Sadly, NiGHTS doesn't have a voice.
NiGHTS never had a voice, and besides; the voices are being hired by 4kids. Would you honestly want to hear what kind of abomination they would turn NiGHTS into if he had a voice? >_>

JJames19119 said:
Considering the fact you have to go out of your way to get rings anyways (Unless you get a lucky moniter) and the fact that Super Sonic isn't even that fast anyways (Sonic could beat Super Sonic in a course like Babylon Garden simply because he has much better turning at just 20 MPH less speed) it's very difficult to win steady races with him. Take note that in places with a lot of curves, it's impossible to conserve your rings since the power slide move, which is almost required for Super Sonic to get past most turns, eats up rings like nobody's buisness.

And yet I've set some serious records with him. And beaten both GPs with him. Not to mention the fact that he has all abilities(which are vital for conserving rings). SuperSonic does not suck, he is just for advanced players. And when used by said advanced players, he can do great things.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
NiGHTS never had a voice
In NiGHTS, he wails when you take damage. Also, he screams 'Aptiva!' whenever the timer runs out.

But yeah, he didn't have much of a voice.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Great, and I wanted to tell you guys about SuperSonic's suckyness. I just got him early today for nothing then.

He's not sucky, you are. Sorta.

Look, it takes a very skilled player to use supersonic, and you can't just use boosts whenever you want to; you need to conserve. You need to use every shortcut available to take advantage of the no-ringloss time you get while using them. Supersonic takes some getting used to, but he is a very powerful character once you can use him correctly.

The only part that sucks about it is multiplayer.

The players in the screens are too small and it's hard to tell what's going on.

Also, the timer is uselessy blocking up the 1P screen. D:

It's pointless to have a timer in 2P mode, you aren't going for best times, rather, for who reaches the goal first. They're the smae, yes, but the timer is still useless.

I played a 4P game and in Tag Mode, and The screens are so tiny, it's hard to see. Sonic Riders is made to be played in 1P only.

Undoubtedly. It's fun in 2P, yes, but it does actually get old. Plus, the random select seems to favorShadow and Aiai....Not that Aiai's not cool, it just gets old to plasy as him over and over.

:D I Played it on 4 player this weekend. it is abit hard to see, but it is still realy fun. Human players are a nice change from the CPU's... after about five minutes, you get used to the small screens (i was 1p by the way, and the Timer never really bothered me.

That's because it took up a smaller bit of your screen. See in 2P mode, the whole timer displays on the top screen. In 4P, the timer is desplayed on the two screens up top. So, it takes up less space, plus, it's over to the side, and not right in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back