Sonic Prime on Netflix

time gear

Eternity in an hour
Source: Here

Looks like the Sonic Netflix series has finally been announced properly. I'm a bit skeptical as to how good the series will be, but hopefully it ends up being good. I wonder what artstyle the series will use, and if there will be any character redesigns such as in Boom?

Sonic Prime looks good but that's only going off of the info I have now and I'm worried that it might just be hashed out like Sonic forces, but hey at least we know exactly whoever Sonic's new voice actor will be doing.

I honestly hope that they don't do a full on redesign like with what Sonic Boom did because I like how Sonic looks right now and that's not just for Sonic himself, I think it might be like SatAM (the one Sonic cartoon with Sally acorn in it to be more specific if I said the wrong name) but modern Sonic because we've seen how that's working for the IDW Sonic comics so it would still work in an animated series but in general I hope that they don't become the new laughing stock just like Sonic Boom.

Sega’s already said that they’re going to focus completely on the current Sonic, being Modern Sonic. This means that other Sonic’s, like Classic and Boom, are being held off unless they have a purpose, such as Classic being around for an anniversary game like Generations or Mania. This means that the show will likely take place in the main timeline and not be an alternate universe like Sonic X and Sonic Boom. The show’s synopsis did say something about a multiverse, so it is possible other Sonic’s could show up, but it’s primarily focused on Modern Sonic

Anyways, I’m excited for it because it looks like Sega’s finally understanding what was going wrong with the franchise and are trying to fix it

I'm worried about it because Sonic Boom was great for not taking itself too seriously and making self-aware and meta jokes.

I've never understood why X was so popular (to me it felt like a fan-fiction).

AoStH and SatAM were good too (one for being funny and meme worthy and the other for having a more serious but not edgy story).

Underground wasn't that good but I liked the cyberpunk look of it.

I'm worried about it because Sonic Boom was great for not taking itself too seriously and making self-aware and meta jokes.

I've never understood why X was so popular (to me it felt like a fan-fiction).

AoStH and SatAM were good too (one for being funny and meme worthy and the other for having a more serious but not edgy story).

Underground wasn't that good but I liked the cyberpunk look of it.

One of the reasons why the Adventure games did better than the modern ones was because of their more serious story telling and character development, which the modern games lacked. Like you said when comparing AoStH and SatAM, one of them was comedic and one of them was serious. When you’re telling a Sonic story, you can’t balance the two evenly; you need one more than the other for it to work. If we compare those to the two modern shows, AoStH is the Classic Boom, because it’s a more comedic and less story driven show, and SatAM is the Classic Prime, because it had one serious overarching narrative (which, by the looks of it, Prime is trying to accomplish)

I found out that wildbrain was making this and I lost all of my high hopes. But the logo looks cool tho.

[URL="https://mb.srb2.org/member.php?u=12407" said:
Chezi[/URL]]One of the reasons why the Adventure games did better than the modern ones was because of their more serious story telling and character development, which the modern games lacked. Like you said when comparing AoStH and SatAM, one of them was comedic and one of them was serious. When you’re telling a Sonic story, you can’t balance the two evenly; you need one more than the other for it to work. If we compare those to the two modern shows, AoStH is the Classic Boom, because it’s a more comedic and less story driven show, and SatAM is the Classic Prime, because it had one serious overarching narrative (which, by the looks of it, Prime is trying to accomplish)

I am sorry but when it comes to the games I'd rather have a good gameplay over a good story (and let's be honest, the Adventure games are retrospectively not that good when it comes to the first).

As for the modern Sonic series I'd take a Sonic Boom over a Sonic X all day simply because the latter feels like a fan-fiction at some point (if the series was 100% on Mobius with no humans I would've liked it much more).

I am seriously worried about Sonic Prime because Sonic Boom (as a show) was probably one of the best thing that happened to sonic in decades along with Mania.

I am sorry but when it comes to the games I'd rather have a good gameplay over a good story (and let's be honest, the Adventure games are retrospectively not that good when it comes to the first).

As for the modern Sonic series I'd take a Sonic Boom over a Sonic X all day simply because the latter feels like a fan-fiction at some point (if the series was 100% on Mobius with no humans I would've liked it much more).

I am seriously worried about Sonic Prime because Sonic Boom (as a show) was probably one of the best thing that happened to sonic in decades along with Mania.

I feel like these are very moot points.

I never said the Adventure games had good gameplay (because everyone knows that Sonic has had a rough transition into 3D) and this was all about the series’ writing, which is what the main concern should be when talking about Prime.

The fact that Sonic X sounds like a fan-fiction should actually be a good indicator because we know that fan made projects relating to Sonic turn out to be pretty good, whether it be stories or gameplay.

I do agree that Boom as a show was one of the better things in recent years, especially since it shows that fans are welcome to new Sonic shows. Just about every show so far has done pretty well (even Undeground did well by a small margin) and Prime shouldn’t be an exception

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back