Sonic.plr editing question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited the sonic.plr file by adding my own sprites but then srb2 wont run n said Sonic.plr has been modified n therefore won't run. Im using version 1.9.4. Please can someone tell me how i can add that modified sonic wiothout this error.

The game goes nuts if any of the criticial files are modified / damaged in any way. Reinstall SRB2 to fix the problem (and let Sonic.plr replace the old one).

What's that you say? You edited Sonic.plr, and now SRB2 won't run, because it's complaining of Sonic.plr having been edited. I WONDER WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE.

Yeah, re-install SRB2. And next time you edit one of the vital system files, make a copy of it, and edit the copy.

SRB2Suicide.png

Sorry for lack of shading, done in about a minute, and the arm's too thin to have shading anyways. :p

Sky Ninja said:
All of SRB2's files are MD5 checked. You edit any files, and SRB2 will basically try to kill itself.

Not true. Music.dta is okay to edit as long as you only add music lumps.

Draykon said:
What's that you say? You edited Sonic.plr, and now SRB2 won't run, because it's complaining of Sonic.plr having been edited. I WONDER WHAT THE PROBLEM COULD BE.

Yeah, re-install SRB2. And next time you edit one of the vital system files, make a copy of it, and edit the copy.
that doesnt really mean it will stop working if you delete sonic.plr.( i tried and it still worked marvelously)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back