Sonic Move set Concept

LuminousNeon

Ideally Imperfect
I've been putting together some character abilities for a project I'm planning to do for the future and decided I'd share this to see what people think. It's not fully complete or revised, but it's something I improve as new ideas come.

This isn't something that is game-related though.
It's more an expanded explanation of Sonic's abilities in say, the IDW comics for example.

• Abilities
Capable of Mach speeds, and mass-energy manipulation.

With his physical speed and strength, Sonic’s mental speed is also significantly faster than most, meaning he can adapt to most situations with ease.

Spin Charge:
His standard Spin Jump and Spindash build energy that can be used in several ways:

• When Sonic Spin Jumps on a badnik, most of the energy is channeled straight into the metal, this sudden overflow of energy is what causes it to combust, or do damage against larger foes.

• The energy generated when spinning protects Sonic from friction at higher speeds when spinning, and also lets him cut through the air more effectively, allowing for freer movements when airborne: which is where the Light Speed moves come into play.

• Generated energy can be manipulated allowing for aerial movement; this could range from a Speed Thok to a Homing Attack.

• He can also channel the energy to a compatible object.

• Rings also slightly increase the rate at which energy is built up.

• The energy can be seen as a blue aura that surrounds him in a Spin Jump or Homing Attack.

Speed Thok/Stomp:
Using built-up energy, Sonic can give himself a boost of speed in a given direction in mid-air.

Homing Attack:
With a faster spin and aerial energy control, Sonic can perform a Homing Attack; in which he hunts down enemies at high speeds with a free-moving aerial Spin Attack.

Light Speed Attack:
Sonic uses energy to give himself a short burst in power and speed, (which is quickly built up with a stationary Spin Dash) in which a blue aura surrounds him.

I know "energy" is a bit repetitive, but it shows that self-generated energy is very a powerful ability and that it's a key part of a lot of Sonic's Move set.

Edit: On second thought I think this might go in the "General Disscusion" section and I don't know how to delete a thread so I'm stuck.

Last edited:
You should've started a proof-of-concept for that idea because I feel like the thread would be locked for being a "mod begging".

I like some of the ideas tho.

You should've started a proof-of-concept for that idea because I feel like the thread would be locked for being a "mod begging".

I like some of the ideas tho.
He stated that these are something he’s going to try to do in the future, so there’s a slight possibility it doesn’t get locked

He stated that these are something he’s going to try to do in the future, so there’s a slight possibility it doesn’t get locked
This is nice if they do it but having nothing to show is still a reason to lock.

So, what's the talk about this thread getting locked?
I'm i little new to the MB but I was fairly confident that I was avoiding anything like that.

And as I stated, I would move this to the "General Discussion" section if I knew how to delete a post.

I'm i little new to the MB but I was fairly confident that I was avoiding anything like that.

And as I stated, I would move this to the "General Discussion" section if I knew how to delete a post.
Basically, if someone says "I have a cool idea for a character. They can do this, this, and this" the thread will get locked because anyone can make an idea. This thread is basically the same thing except for one difference where you said that:
I've been putting together some character abilities for a project I'm planning to do for the future and decided I'd share this to see what people think
Which means that this is something you're actively doing and I don't think will be locked

Basically, if someone says "I have a cool idea for a character. They can do this, this, and this" the thread will get locked because anyone can make an idea. This thread is basically the same thing except for one difference where you said that: Which means that this is something you're actively doing and I don't think will be locked
Yes, this is a way to prevent people to abuse the MB into having people to make work for them and flooding it with ideas that don't end up being mods.

Yes, this is a way to prevent people to abuse the MB into having people to make work for them and flooding it with ideas that don't end up being mods.
Ah. I see. Well, I think the misunderstanding here is that this is SRB2 related, which it isn't.
It's for an animation series that I might start some years from now once I've built a proper skill set. Which is why I say that I think it might be better suited to the general section.

But here we are, I suppose.

Whoops.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back