Sonic Hacks (Sega Genesis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

Hey people! Here in this topic we can discuss the hacks of old Sonic games that you've seen, heard of, made or played! Well, what are you waiting for?

I'm not sure if it's strictly a hack, but Sonic VR is pretty amazing. It basically takes all the gimmicks of Sonic 1 and combines them into 40 super-short but steady-more hair-pullingly difficult levels. It's what would happen if you combined Wario Ware with Sonic the Hedgehog.

I'm not sure if it's strictly a hack, but Sonic VR is pretty amazing. It basically takes all the gimmicks of Sonic 1 and combines them into 40 super-short but steady-more hair-pullingly difficult levels. It's what would happen if you combined Wario Ware with Sonic the Hedgehog.

Err, I really don't mean to sound like an ass and nitpick at you, but I think it was based off of Metal Gear Solid's VR Training, hence the name.

Regardless, my all time favorite hacks are the "Amy Rose" series(Amy in Sonic 1, Amy in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 & Amy Rose), though I have to wonder why they call her Amy when her "classic" name is Rosy. IDK, it's the little things that bother me.

though I have to wonder why they call her Amy when her "classic" name is Rosy.

Because every game OTHER then Sonic the fighters called her Amy.(well, unless you count the fact Sonic CD tried to pass her off as Sally in the original US release)

Anywho, I don't play that many hacks but I do think Metal Sonic Hyperdrive is rather interesting. It's pretty much the average "classic" styled game, except with Metal Sonic(and a rather...interesting choice of other charcters.) and some extra moves. Can't say I don't love what 3D blast should have been as well.

Also, inb4 Sonic Megamix.

This isn't a ROM hacking forum. Go ask people who actually do that stuff - like Sonic Retro. (I'll wager the title screen will be kind of a difficult mod, though, involving lots of coding. Hope you know ASM!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back