Sonic genesis games coming to GBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperknux

The board's UK Ecologist
in this month's offical nintendo magazine. they are announcing in November
Sonic the hedgehog genesis is coming out on GBA. I'm not sure about the UK release date though. Reviews can be seen on Gamespot and Gamefaqs

I was thinking about getting this, but it's JUST Sonic 1. Sonic 1 is my least favorite Sonic Genesis game. >_<

XD

I'd probably only get a ROM and fiddle with technical stuff. Otherwise, a GP2X will do fine for playing Sonic 1 on the go.

Well, I hear they're adding in the spin dash, which could be interesting. Otherwise, I agree, a straight port of just one old game isn't worth it. Where's Sonic 2 and Sonic 3K? I'd totally pay for a perfect port of all the Genesis Sonic games.

Which reminds me that I had a dream about something like this once. Maybe I'm phsycic or something... *mauled*

Mystic said:
Well, I hear they're adding in the spin dash, which could be interesting. Otherwise, I agree, a straight port of just one old game isn't worth it. Where's Sonic 2 and Sonic 3K? I'd totally pay for a perfect port of all the Genesis Sonic games.

Apparently they are adding a Spin Dash and a Save feature. I'm not Sure about Sonic 2 and Sonic 3k coming out just yet.

Save feature's not a big deal, and I got enough of Spindash in S1 with Sonic Jam. I probably won't bother with this.

It doesn't help that I've seen fans do a better job making box art than the official thing.

I'd probably get it, I never actually owned a Genesis/Saturn, and never played Sonic 1, save ROM and Mega Collection +, in which the control was bad. >.<

That's not to say I don't have a Sonic 1 Genesis cart. I don't know why i wanted it, but I got it for a buck. Wasn't going to complain there.

Apparently they are remaking the game from scratch, including new sprites. If so, I just hope they don't stick with the horrid Sonic Advance sprites. And I'll get it if it sports hidden features yet to be revealed, jor.

I just hope that Sega isn't going to screw it up like they did with the modern Sonic games. But then again, I wouldn't really want to play Sonic 1 again. It's really tiring. There's a pretty big difference between reusing concepts in a level, and making the level incredibly repetitive. Sonic 1's levels were very repetitive. On the other hand, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD reused level concepts but the level layout was actually varied. I think it's partly because Sonic 1 used 256x256-sized level tiles instead of 128x128-sized level tiles like the later games did. It was also probably because of the lack of interesting level-specific objects. Knuckles Chaotix suffered from the same problem in most of its levels (except for Amazing Arena. That level had a decent amount of gizmos and gadgets, they just weren't reintroduced enough).

FoxBlitzz said:
I just hope that Sega isn't going to screw it up like they did with the modern Sonic games. But then again, I wouldn't really want to play Sonic 1 again. It's really tiring. There's a pretty big difference between reusing concepts in a level, and making the level incredibly repetitive. Sonic 1's levels were very repetitive. On the other hand, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD reused level concepts but the level layout was actually varied. I think it's partly because Sonic 1 used 256x256-sized level tiles instead of 128x128-sized level tiles like the later games did. It was also probably because of the lack of interesting level-specific objects. Knuckles Chaotix suffered from the same problem in most of its levels (except for Amazing Arena. That level had a decent amount of gizmos and gadgets, they just weren't reintroduced enough).
I clearly remember that Sonic CD uses 256x256 tiles built of 16x16 built of 8x8. Sonic 2 also had some tiles that wouldn't fit anywhere but the place it was ment to be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back