Sonic Fan Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Googled and downloaded.
Hmm.. Lets try the game! *lags like hell. Moving it to the lowest setting fixes a lot of it. But it is pretty choppy.

Homing attack would feel good now. Jumping from springs and hitting enemies every 5 seconds is no fun. I can barely tell where I am going and there is way too much detail. (Hold Right worked here! Oh well... that bottomless pit got me well) The game is really busy and it is way too easy to bump into the abuse of enemies every where.

It's pretty and all, but I found myself running into enemies plenty of times due to the fact that they don't stand out too much from the surrounding environment.

I need a better computer so I can make the resolution higher, that way I can see everything up ahead while running, I'll surely need to save up some money

This computer I have sucks anyway

It really seems like there are two main groups regarding the detail in Sonic Fan Remix:
- All the details make it look wonderful
- All the details make it hard to see

...I fall in both categories then?

Also, my system can handle this at Fantastic detail, 1680x1050, full 60 FPS. Why, then, is movement hard-coded to run below 60 FPS? The scenery animation is clearly running at 60, but Sonic and the scrolling feel more like they're running at 40 - 50 FPS.

I'd say something about lack of Linux support but then everyone would attack me.

...I fall in both categories then?

Yeah... I think they can make the visuals a lot clearer by just making a few small changes - taking out the vines in the foreground on some areas comes to mind, and simplifying the backdrop. If they make those changes, it might be just fine.

I'd say something about lack of Linux support but then everyone would attack me.

I guess http://unity-linux.org isn't what you're looking for...

Hey AJ, maybe you could send the creator of the game a note on Youtube or somewhere if those really bug you

They dont bug me though

I tried it out the other day. It's pretty neat, and I like the original Act 2 and the little extensions added to the others. The added Motobugs made the existing level design a bit harder. Unfortunately, the experience was soured by my slothful computer.

The only real flaw I can find with the game itself is the choice of music, whose quality is not quite up to par with the rest of the game. But that can be fixed and is really trivial.

Last edited:
To all who are actually having complaints with the game.

How are people here so much more negative about this game than Sonic 4? I seriously, honestly wonder about you people sometimes. This delivered on all fronts (despite bugs that Mercury and Pelikan promised to iron out) and you people are complaining about the graphics not looking Sonic enough?

I-I am seriously at a lack of words. I honestly am. Not only because the game looks gorgeously Sonic but because Inyuasha would prefer Sonic 4 to this because of the lesser detail. I haven't been more infuriated about this fanbase's actions than right now I believe.

I think I will be heading off back over to Retro now.

And we're not allowed to have an opinion? Christ what is it with some people these days.

You can't pass judgement to those who don't don't think the exact same as you do, people are allowed to have an opinion. If you like it, great, but if you don't like it, then just keep that to yourself instead of blabbering about pointless crap like this. Is it really that necessary? I personally would have more of a blast with Sonic 4 myself.

Last edited:
On my laptop, when I use the "Fantastic" quality option, it smoothly without any lag whatsoever.
Anyways, the enemy placement is kind of bad. I don't like that you run for 5 seconds and then run into an enemy.

I actually started playing Sonic 2 on this emulator after playing this. The control delay is about the same. Which sorta sucks because it gets on your last nerve.

It could be your video drivers trying to buffer too many video pages for V-Sync. That will give you noticeable lag.

Seems like he's using Direct3D (whyyyyyy), but if he were to use OpenGL he could enable an option that would make the game wait for the GPU to finish drawing frames. I've tried it in Linux games with V-Sync enabled and it cleared up any control lag for me.

^
Now that's hillarious :D

But seriously, I doubt someone would play the game where only the character and a few other stuff has colors rather than playing the game with the colors on everything else

btw

Moderator Notice:
If you must refer to something on another forum, do so in quotes rather than with a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol your post on that forum

People disliking this has nothing to do with defending SEGA, Sonic Team, Dimps, or Sonic 4. That's just an enormous generalization that's very far from the truth.
I don't get why you complain so much about people not liking this, and why it's such a big deal to you. If people like it? Good for them. If they don't? Who cares?

and is there a reason you're unable to use periods in sentences and need to skip lines after every one

I must object what you just said

The same people who complained Sonic Fan Remix in this topic didn't complain about Sonic 4, and besides, their criticism is quite hard to understand. So it's not that far from the truth

And besides, I do care, and it's a big deal for me, because it bugs me about the SRB2 MB being the only place (I wouldn't doubt there's a few other complainers outside this place, though) which has complainers on the game, and I want to understand, why is that? I have the feeling a few people are not being honest

Now you see why I linked to that post, it shows that most of people would point these guys' criticism as somthing incorrect or as lies, I even talked about this topic's post to some people and friends, they all disagreed with their criticism, even a close friend of mine which is perfectionist in most of things

I want the true about these people's disliking, why are they complaining about things which everyone else points out as something great? Like the background

And besides, I can't take you seriously since you said

I don't get why you complain so much about people not liking this, and why it's such a big deal to you. If people like it? Good for them. If they don't? Who cares?

And yet you pointed out something even more insignificant that no one else should care

and is there a reason you're unable to use periods in sentences and need to skip lines after every one

I can't take you seriously, not after this

And besides, I do care, and it's a big deal for me, because it bugs me about the SRB2 MB being the only place (I wouldn't doubt there's a few other complainers outside this place, though) which has complainers on the game, and I want to understand, why is that? I have the feeling a few people are not being honest
What's the big deal with a specific community not liking a specific game? Why is it a problem to you? Why should we or anyone else care?

Now you see why I linked to that post, it shows that most of people would point these guys' criticism as somthing incorrect or as lies, I even talked about this topic's post to some people and friends, they all disagreed with their criticism, even a close friend of mine which is perfectionist in most of things
It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it because it's not relevant to our own opinions.

I want the true about these people's disliking, why are they complaining about things which everyone else points out as something great? Like the background
Have you ever heard of a disagreement? I hate the clutter in this game and absolutely despise the music, but most other people talk about it like it's the second coming of Jesus.

And yet you pointed out something even more insignificant that no one else should care
Explain.

I can't take you seriously, not after this
I can't take you seriously if you'll get annoyed by a small little joke.

Was I supposed to laugh at the joke?

You should pay attention to what I say, I didn't get annoyed, I just thought it was pathetic about you first talking like "You shouldn't care" and then you point out something even more insignificant

I'll repeat what I say, I don't think the complaints are not for teh lulz, and these people that complained only said negative stuff about the game, when the stuff they tried to point out as bad wasn't bad at all, like the backdrop or the vines, I don't see what's exactly wrong with them, everyone else likes it, but these people don't like it, is that wrong to only want to find out the reason of the complaints?

I just think something is really wrong on the people who complained, they are not being perfectionists, they are being complainers, no matter what is in the game, that's what I want to know, what's with the complaints

About Darkgargos thinking about people doing this to defend Sonic 4 has a point, they didn't say anything negative on the Sonic 4 topic, and you still say it has nothing to do with defending Sonic Team? There's a possibility of that being true, only a possibility though, I'm not saying it's true

And besides, why are you trying to stop me from finding the true? This is something you shouldn't care for your information

EDIT: Check Darkgargos' newest post on Sinhra, he was more specific this time

Last edited:
Moderator Notice:
If you must refer to something on another forum, do so in quotes rather than with a link.
I don't feel like registering on that hellhole, so just let them know: I don't trust you to bring it up without twisting it into something completely different, so maybe I'll go on there and tell them myself or something.

I don't know about everyone else, but I am complaining because I don't like the clutter in the background. In my opinion, it makes it hard to see Sonic. I don't think it looks very nice.

My complaints are not automatically invalid because I disagree with you guys. It's not simply that I'm hating on this to defend S4. I seriously have those problems with this game.

Please pay careful attention to the bolded words. Your opinion may be different, but I, personally, dislike the project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back