Sonic Colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understood the big deal about Chao Gardens -- I honestly hated the grinding, so I really don't care if Chao Gardens make an appearance in this game.

Has anyone posted this yet?
soniccycle.png

er... I mean this
sonic_cycle.jpg

I never understood the big deal about Chao Gardens -- I honestly hated the grinding, so I really don't care if Chao Gardens make an appearance in this game.
Well, the Chao Gardens may have been senseless grindfests, but they gave SA2(B) a Pokémon-ish replay value.
Besides, I still haven't made those Character Chao... *runs to GCN*

The concept is fine, it's the tedious grinding and noninteractive minigames that completely ruin it.

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=125335
This information is said to come from the most recent issue of Nintendo Power...
- Sweet Mountain zone and Tropical Reservoir zone featured
- Sweet Mountain - mountain of pastries
- 3D sections focus more on running from A to B, much like the daytime stages of Unleashed
- 2D sections feature more platforming
- DS version is much like Sonic Rush series, complete with a tension guage
- Tails is in the story mode, but not playable there
- story is simple, light, and goofy
- Knuckles and Shadow may also make an appearance
- Eggmanland returns as well
- a level with giant cheeseburgers, and you also bounce off of Jello

So apparently, Sonic Colors DS will play similar to Sonic Rush. It will even have its own boost gauge.

Looks like they're playing it the opposite of Shadow the Hedgehog. They're going for bright and happy now.

:/

I rather liked the visual style of Sonic Unleashed, with its nice mixture of color and realism. This sounds like it may go over the top with little kid-ish goofiness. But hey, it may work.

The visual style in the Wii version of SU was fugly. Everything was cardboard thin and bland compared to the 360 version. (Own both)

Cheeseburger zone.. um..

The visual style in the Wii version of SU was fugly.

A visual style shouldn't be called ugly because the system it's on does it badly. If it works in the 360 and PS3 versions, it's the Wii's fault.
I think they're going over the top with the childishness of this game -- then again, it's aimed for younger people this time.

I honestly never thought Sonic would end up so kiddish...

I always thought Sonic was aimed to be the "cooler" alternative to Mario.
Instead he's going even lower with this.

Then again, this may somehow end up a good differ between age groups..(Not including the "Oh wow, 2-D!" stuff.)

A visual style shouldn't be called ugly because the system it's on does it badly. If it works in the 360 and PS3 versions, it's the Wii's fault.
I think they're going over the top with the childishness of this game -- then again, it's aimed for younger people this time.
True
But then again, Sonic Colors is a Wii game. If it couldn't be done on the Wii previously, I don't think it'll work this time around. I prefer a cartoonistic style on the Wii.
Edit: Sonic wasn't ever more serious then Mario. Almost all of his games make him go through crazy zones. They even have the most childish dialogue in game history.
A picture I want to share...
THE_COLOURS_SONIC__THE_COLOURS_by_TheKKM.png

Note that I said "cooler", but I see what you mean.

If you think about it though, a hedgehog intended to be as cool as he is blue, going to Rainbow lolipop land with a metallic coverings, seems too kiddish even for Sonic?

Yeah, he's going to giant pastry cheeseburger land instead.

Sonic was made as the cooler alternative to the little kid-ish mario. Hell, the original Sonic concept had fangs and a human girlfriend. But america toned him down to suit the little ones, the bastards.

Even then, the original commercials showed him being the snarky one compared to Mario. :O

And no, he doesn't need a human girlfriend.

Sonic was made as the cooler alternative to the little kid-ish mario. Hell, the original Sonic concept had fangs and a human girlfriend.

The American version was going to be localized with fangs and a rockband/girlfriend. IIRC, Sonic's design originated in Japan and fangs weren't part of the idea.

Regardless, Sonic was built to be more dynamic than Mario. He was cool and he was rude, but in spite of that he was still goodhearted and moralistic. I think this has been pretty well presented in previous Sonic games, but it sounds like this game in particular is going in the "happy" direction, so I'm inferring from this that the developers are overseeing Sonic's dynamic.

So it isn't American's fault. Oh well, put more blame on them. -_-

Sonic is supposed to be cool and rude. I swear there was a Sonic 1 commercial where this guy looking at him saying "Why can't you be nice like that little boy Mario?"

If anyone has it...

...I just read through this whole Topic, and I gotta say, at first, it sounded cool.

And then as soon as I saw "Sweet Mountain"... I died inside. And out. Sort of.

I don't get why SEGA is aiming for such kiddish appeal. I mean, they need to look at the facts more closely: there are still teenagers who play Sonic games. I can understand what they've been coming out with lately might make parents think it's inappropriate for the kids, but come on. There's a boundary and they need to recognize it.

Going back to the timeframe thing, one could easily relate it to Pokemon Black and White (as someone already said). But then again, who knows how long they've been building that.

Back on the topic at hand, the game now sounds utterly disappointing. It's basically SatBK with SMG2-styled worlds and aliens instead of fairies (granted, with different effects, but come ON).

Unless they release evidence that this is going to get any more... well, sensible... I'm just gonna let it collect dust on the GameStop shelves.

Kids = Money
Money = Success

Businesses don't have to care, they can just rake in money.
And remember, this isn't the only Sonic game. This is a Wii exclusive and a new Sonic game will probably be announced soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back