SONIC COLORS ULTIMATE IS COMING! 2022 project

Colors is literally taking its main gameplay from Rush and Unleashed, that's the boost gameplay. And wisps are just temporary power-ups, they didn't invent that.

Lost World was actually a lazy and low-quality rehash of Mario Galaxy, it's not the same thing as if they took Sonic's gameplay from Adventure and Heroes and Shadow (which had parkour and spin-dashing)
Honestly I'd say Lost World's gameplay is more like Sonic Adventure 2 with parkour, multi-homing, and a nerfed bounce than it is like Mario. Sonic also did the "small planetoids" shtick before Galaxy all the way back in SA2 with Rouge's level Mad Space. Returning formula's are fine, but there needs to be innovation to avoid going stale. This has been explained to you many times now in other topics, including how each of the returning boost formula games innovates on the previous, so let's not rehash this entire discussion here.

(When sega cant come up with new ideas)
Sonic 2022, or as leaks are calling it Sonic Rangers is the main project SEGA is working on in relation to Sonic, and seems to be an open world game featuring a skill tree system.

Even if this were to prove not to be true, the official teaser trailer alone makes it very clear that the one thing they aren't is out of ideas. Sonic is also far from the only property owned by SEGA, and other franchises they own such as Yakuza are doing quite well.

Honestly I'd say Lost World's gameplay is more like Sonic Adventure 2 with parkour, multi-homing, and a nerfed bounce than it is like Mario. Sonic also did the "small planetoids" shtick before Galaxy all the way back in SA2 with Rouge's level Mad Space. Returning formula's are fine, but there needs to be innovation to avoid going stale. This has been explained to you many times now in other topics, including how each of the returning boost formula games innovates on the previous, so let's not rehash this entire discussion here.

Sonic 2022, or as leaks are calling it Sonic Rangers is the main project SEGA is working on in relation to Sonic, and seems to be an open world game featuring a skill tree system.

Even if this were to prove not to be true, the official teaser trailer alone makes it very clear that the one thing they aren't is out of ideas. Sonic is also far from the only property owned by SEGA, and other franchises they own such as Yakuza are doing quite well.
Sega officially recognized it as Sonic Rangers in a press release, so it seems like that one leak is to be pretty accurate. I find it unlikely they would randomly guess the correct name for it

Sega officially recognized it as Sonic Rangers in a press release, so it seems like that one leak is to be pretty accurate. I find it unlikely they would randomly guess the correct name for it
It has already happened and not once if not many times that the game and the leak have the same name does not mean that this is real, it could also be a simple coincidence in the name and I personally will not believe this Leak until I see something else than a simple coincidence in the name

Let's not repeat the Forces error where everyone had high expectations for something that was not confirmed and what a surprise it ended up not happening

It has already happened and not once if not many times that the game and the leak have the same name does not mean that this is real, it could also be a simple coincidence in the name and I personally will not believe this Leak until I see something else than a simple coincidence in the name

Let's not repeat the Forces error where everyone had high expectations for something that was not confirmed and what a surprise it ended up not happening
There is a few additional evidences that lines up between the leak and the trailer. The pinkish purple digital effects and Sonic making a loop seem to line up with the description of one of Sonic's new abilities you can get in the new skill tree system.

There’s a high expectations and there’s low expectations. I have both. I don’t give a shit what other people will think about the game after it comes out, but I’m going in thinking about how shitty or how good it’s supposed to be

Sonic also did the "small planetoids" shtick before Galaxy all the way back in SA2 with Rouge's level Mad Space.
So did Ratchet & Clank.
Why are people always pointing this out? Nintendo did this gimmick so much better in Galaxy and Lost World (which came like 5 years after) made it worse.

You mean let's not repeat Sonic 2006's* error because the sonic cycle began with this game and Unleashed.

So did Ratchet & Clank.
Why are people always pointing this out? Nintendo did this gimmick so much better in Galaxy and Lost World (which came like 5 years after) made it worse.
People always point it out because it's true. Whether or not you like the information doesn't change it's validity. As for who did it better, that's a highly subjective topic in and of itself. I've actually played Lost World to 100% completion and I had no real problems with it's level design. The game is legitimately fun to me, minus the occasional control problems half of which I realized partway through were my own fault for not being used to them or making assumptions about how they worked.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back