Sonic Cobalt

[Open Assets] Sonic Cobalt 1.1.3

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
which is the one that is more acessible for people that really dont have an interest in hard bosses
 
Cell somehow becomes invincible against anybody who uses the god flag, meaning Cell is above HMS and anybody who has the god flag, is this intentional? lmao

Also giga bowser has a massive crash rate where it's not even for SIGSEV's but the entire game crashes while fighting giga bowser if you just charge into him, even as Adventure Sonic.


Also, could you make it so bowser still can take damage against stuff, though it doesn't real as much damage as the intended way so people don't get stuck at him for hours in confusion?
 
Cell somehow becomes invincible against anybody who uses the god flag, meaning Cell is above HMS and anybody who has the god flag, is this intentional? lmao

Also giga bowser has a massive crash rate where it's not even for SIGSEV's but the entire game crashes while fighting giga bowser if you just charge into him, even as Adventure Sonic.


Also, could you make it so bowser still can take damage against stuff, though it doesn't real as much damage as the intended way so people don't get stuck at him for hours in confusion?
This pack is only meant to be played with adventure sonic, other characters having issues with it is sadly a side effect from that.

As for bowser crashing, no tester of mine or myself have caught that, are you using the latest available version of adventure sonic? The one in the MB at most should only cause some errors to appear on the console, shine also has his archive with a more up to date version of him.
 
This pack is only meant to be played with adventure sonic, other characters having issues with it is sadly a side effect from that.

As for bowser crashing, no tester of mine or myself have caught that, are you using the latest available version of adventure sonic? The one in the MB at most should only cause some errors to appear on the console, shine also has his archive with a more up to date version of him.
Cell doesn't take damage to anything, even adventure sonic if the godmode flag is active for some reason, he just ironically "regenerates" any damage.

Also for bowser, I used SA-Sonic 1.9, and the game crashed when I boosted into bowser randomly, I can recreate the issue if you'd like.
Post automatically merged:

Cell doesn't take damage to anything, even adventure sonic if the godmode flag is active for some reason, he just ironically "regenerates" any damage.

Also for bowser, I used SA-Sonic 1.9, and the game crashed when I boosted into bowser randomly, I can recreate the issue if you'd like.
Update on the issue for bowser, apparently the only reason the game lags/crashes, is also because I wasn't adventure sonic, or because I had something loaded, only having Sonic Cobalt and Adventure Sonic loaded will have the fight run just fine,


As for Cell however, yea he's immortal no matter what. Even if I'm SA Sonic, or any char, he just regenerates any damage if you have the godmode flag.
 
Last edited:
Cell doesn't take damage to anything, even adventure sonic if the godmode flag is active for some reason, he just ironically "regenerates" any damage.

Also for bowser, I used SA-Sonic 1.9, and the game crashed when I boosted into bowser randomly, I can recreate the issue if you'd like.
Post automatically merged:


Update on the issue for bowser, apparently the only reason the game lags/crashes, is also because I wasn't adventure sonic, or because I had something loaded, only having Sonic Cobalt and Adventure Sonic loaded will have the fight run just fine,


As for Cell however, yea he's immortal no matter what. Even if I'm SA Sonic, or any char, he just regenerates any damage if you have the godmode flag.
Thats very weird, i didnt code any anticheat or something like that in lmao. (Cell just built different)

I will keep myself aware of it and investigate further when i come back to update this pack one last time in a near future with a small content update i have planned for it.
 
Thats very weird, i didnt code any anticheat or something like that in lmao. (Cell just built different)

I will keep myself aware of it and investigate further when i come back to update this pack one last time in a near future with a small content update i have planned for it.
hell yeah! Good luck on the content update, I hope there's another SuperBoss in it, imagine SA Sonic going at it one more time :D
 
small attention to detail, if you used cheats and/or admintools to go super against conquest, his red attacks still hurt you and make you loose rings. Implying he still is a super sonic bossfight just possible in base form, just like Cell! (if only he had just as much if not more hp than cell lmao)
Post automatically merged:

also let the poor silly be dongus :(
1776106454995.png
 
Last edited:
Thats very weird, i didnt code any anticheat or something like that in lmao. (Cell just built different)

I will keep myself aware of it and investigate further when i come back to update this pack one last time in a near future with a small content update i have planned for it.
mister asher? I heard there was a scrapped idea for conquest to chase you through the entirety of empire rush, may I participate in restoring this for a future update?
 
mister asher? I heard there was a scrapped idea for conquest to chase you through the entirety of empire rush, may I participate in restoring this for a future update?
It was less of a scrapped idea and more of a change in direction if i can be honest. (i wanted to fully focus on the mach speed itself because its the only true mach speed level in the game)

unsure if im gonna change that myself but if ever wanna do a patch for it and post said patch in the MB, feel free to, can even reuse the assets in the pack for it considering its open assets.
Post automatically merged:

As for future updates i have a bowser rework planned to go with the new boss i talked about earlier, just waiting until i get burned out from my other project (you can see it in the burst blaze thread in the official discord server) to start working on it as a break from that project.
 
Here I am pulling knives from the middle of my back again, while im fighting bowser as X Sonic (Ik I cant read the label saying Adventure Sonic only, I just can't help myself.)

Anyways its time for a paragraph on how much I've began to love this mappack, and ngl I can't stop finding new things whenever I fight this dude bowser, I learned how to knock him around as Super XS by finding his weakpoint and chaos snapping it which knocks him back, I learned that you can triple parry phase 1 and it does this cool screenwipe attack that hits bowser and also lets you chain it into ramming into him.
I learned for Cell how to parry him and how X Sonic two shots phase 1 lmao, and now I can beat phase 1 and 2 cell in 1 minute and 30 seconds with just c2 (so peak)
I learned that you can actually parry: the kamehameha, the ki blast spam in phase 2, and that you can perfect parry cell somehow (triggering the parry before he turns white)(pause), and eventually I learned how to get over the camera glitch in phase 3 cell where if ur super xs and u gotta spam c2 u just gotta mash spin at the start of the clash to leave the transforming animation, then u just press c3 to leave superflight and then let him have hell.

This mappack just never stops dragging me back over and over again lmao. and now I have a new favorite music genre.

My only issue is that cell and conquest take me 15 minutes to a hour to beat from time to time due to me always having to restart the fight because of the music's beat drop ending, fix it!!!!!/j

If I could suggest anything, could we get a grandslam for bowser phase 2? It could be kinda like a recreation of Giganto's grandslam from frontiers if u parry bowser while his guard is broken (because parrying him while his guard is broke does nothin)

Other than that, Cell is awesome and his ost is insane (I accidentally got a perfect sync during his bossfight, it was fucking awesome and I lost my mind, you just have to play it safe in phase 1, go absolutely insane in phase 2 with spamming chaos snap kicks and perfect parries, and then win the beam clash exactly at 20 seconds in phase 3, all as X Sonic ofc cuz that's how I did it), Both of Bowser's fights are awesome (if you ringburst bowser as xs after u snap dive him then you can trigger his light speed dash grandslam though it needed a little bit of luck and or cheating with a shield m command), Conquest is even more awesome (getting those zipdash tackles in and getting a combo chain of like 5 before you eventually miss and he goes back to attacking you, along with being able to just straight up abuse the zipdash for double damage, I literally had to set conquest's hp to 200 in the soc just so that way the fight lasts a bit longer but hoolyy shit its worth it unless you're adventure sonic).

My favorite osts here? Gotta be: feasting on vultures (kellin quinn mention he always cooks), flirt with bomb (WHY DOES THIS REMIX GO SO HARD AND THE ACCENSION WHEN THAT GUITAR STRING HITS RIGHT BEFORE THE BEAM CLASH AAAAAAAAAAA-), and ofc Devil trigger (originally thought it was called double trigger, now I can't stop imagining it in something else because the lyrics match perfectly with a bossfight in a different game).

I genuinely am shitting my pants for whoever this new boss will be in 1.2 and I'm sure it's about to cook so hard, good luck man and may you finally take it down like ur against cell brochacho.
 
Last edited:
which pk3 is the normal version, "STORY," or normal? I don't really understand what's the difference in difficulty, and I wanna host this pack.
Also for anyone having trouble on Giga Bowser Phase 2, I'm gonna give a summary of what the narrator said before the fight:

You get charges by parrying and stuff until you get full, then use whatever button uses them to set up pillars. After that, try to hit Bowser into those pillars to damage him. You can set up multiple, and with the right setup, you can damage him multiple times in a row. I hope this helped, because it's been a little while since I fought him myself.

[EDIT] I just noticed someone already got an answer for my question lol
 
which pk3 is the normal version, "STORY," or normal? I don't really understand what's the difference in difficulty, and I wanna host this pack.
Also for anyone having trouble on Giga Bowser Phase 2, I'm gonna give a summary of what the narrator said before the fight:

You get charges by parrying and stuff until you get full, then use whatever button uses them to set up pillars. After that, try to hit Bowser into those pillars to damage him. You can set up multiple, and with the right setup, you can damage him multiple times in a row. I hope this helped, because it's been a little while since I fought him myself.

[EDIT] I just noticed someone already got an answer for my question lol
waitwait you're gonna host this pack? where? with who? and can I join ? :D
 
Also the "defeat the campaign" extra isn't working when I beat Conquest, so I can't use time attack
Post automatically merged:

waitwait you're gonna host this pack? where? with who? and can I join ? :D
I might soon, just look out for a server called "metal cheese"
Also if you have bad ping, im sorry
Post automatically merged:

same for resynchs
 
Last edited:
how in the fuck am i suppose to do this cell phase 2 fight i am fucking parry and even when i do get the boost IDK WHEN TO BOOST INTO HIM IDK WHAT ATTACK I AM PARRYING AND EVEN IF I GET THE PROJECTILE ATTACK I SUCK AT PARRYING AT IT i been stuck on this damn boss fight for fucking ages nothing i do works i dont know when to boost i fricken loathe this boss fight.
 
how in the fuck am i suppose to do this cell phase 2 fight i am fucking parry and even when i do get the boost IDK WHEN TO BOOST INTO HIM IDK WHAT ATTACK I AM PARRYING AND EVEN IF I GET THE PROJECTILE ATTACK I SUCK AT PARRYING AT IT i been stuck on this damn boss fight for fucking ages nothing i do works i dont know when to boost i fricken loathe this boss fight.
Press Firenormal to parry cell and then homing attack him afterwards, you can parry him when he turns white and I highly suggest not trying to predict when you have to parry him because 9/10 you will miss the parry if you do.

The boost is kind of useless and you really only need to dodge his projectiles, just stay close to him and parry him when he turns white.

All you need to do is press spin to homing attack cell when you're near him and when he counters he turns white, then you parry him and homing attack him again to retaliate until he gets knocked back or does another attack.


Stay close to cell. And Look for chances to attack
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back
Top