• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Battle

do you like this idea?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um....no. Just no. Just the pure idea of this is bad. Sonic Battle is a physical, close quarters, little-movement fighting game. SRB2 is the exact opposite. A nonphysical, open-level, fast shooting game. This level has so many design problems alongside the technical problems that it's not even funny. Fix the thok barrier, it's not that hard. You have undeafed rings, no DM starts, a bad sky....all easy fixes. If you wish to make an SRB2 match level, go read the Level Design 101 topic. This is too small, and too many rings exist. For SRB2, you need space to run around, and there needs to be a ring balance. Too many = no need to worry about having to get more. Too little = less firing. Please fix the technical problems upon making your next map, and just scrap this idea. It just doesn't work. Now, seriously, go read the Level Design 101 topic, go through the tutorials carefully, then come back to us with a well-designed level without tech problems.

well, i'm kinda new to level making, as in this is my 4th level wad, my other 3 suck

I love sonic battle! There should be a way to punch or something to make it more like sonic battle. Didn't you say you were going to finish my silver wad's walk? I probably would've been done by now if I felt like editing.

Why dont you make a sonic from SRB2 and make him unable to thock, then make him double jump so he dosent fly out of the level, then it would also be more like sonic battle. Although i dont have the game i don't think he can do homing or anything so yeah my idea would work (but it should still have a thock barrier)

light dasher said:
well, i'm kinda new to level making, as in this is my 4th level wad, my other 3 suck

Doesn't matter. Just learn about level design and how to properly use the editing utilities, and you can make great levels. Being new is no excuse for bad level creation.

light dasher said:
if i knew how to put a thok barrier, i would but i don't know how, and yes i do read the totourils , i follow those steps but it dosent do it so shh, you, either have sonic battle levels, or don't have them at all,
apart from that, i made 2 characters for this, sonic battle knux, and tails
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6cti7n -tails
http://www.sendspace.com/file/uqmkhr -knux
Hey! You don't need to get angry. If you haven't understood it, I (and possibly more people) would be happy to try putting things clear.

Hmm.. Sonic Battle levels, oh wait now I remember, I already made a Green Hill battle and Emerald Beach mixed level already. Also I remember someone made that Club Rouge level.

Hey I like this battle level and the tails battle character. :roll: :wink: O yea where is your club rouge level?

Ok, Zanyhead has join my sonic battle mod team, anyone else wanna join? oh, is it posible to make it so that if you get hit by someone spindashing into you it hurts you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back