Sonic 3&Knuckles soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingPhoenix

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Anybody know where I could find the ACTUALLY RIPPED S3&K soundtrack in MP3 format? I want to know, because I've looked everywhere.

Try The Sonic World. Their speeds are horrendous (About 10 kbps at times), but at least it works now.

Usually.

What search terms did you use, KingofFlames? Did you try adding ".mp3" to your query? Probably not.

Tried that before, didn't get me very far. They're surprisingly hard to find; the only place I know of is The Sonic World, though one might be able to find them via torrent/P2P.

Shadow Hog said:
IIRC, Shadow of a Hedgehog's had them for yonks.
Oh yeah, that place. Never did like File Planet/whatever the hell that place uses. Not worth the effort on my part.

TailsDoll said:
http://www.gh.ffshrine.org/ should have it.
They don't. What they do have are the rancid midis from the Sonic & Knuckles Collection PC game.

Ritz said:
Shadow Hog said:
IIRC, Shadow of a Hedgehog's had them for yonks.
Oh yeah, that place. Never did like File Planet/whatever the hell that place uses. Not worth the effort on my part.

TailsDoll said:
http://www.gh.ffshrine.org/ should have it.
They don't. What they do have are the rancid midis from the Sonic & Knuckles Collection PC game.

S&K collection has the midis used in game, and the wavs used from the Sonic Screen Saver. The midis are okay (depends on taste-I find them to be quite enjoyable (except for Ice Cap)), but the wavs are all right. Or at least they would be if they had Carnival Night, Ice Cap, and Launch Base in there. I never could figure out why they took out those songs in the SSS or took them out in the main game,

Carnival Night Zone, Ice Cap Zone, Launch Base Zone, Mini-Boss (Sonic 3), Knuckles' Theme (Sonic 3) and Credits (Sonic 3) all have one thing in common - in the original Mega Drive version they use PCM samples as part of the song. CNZ, ICZ and Knux' Theme use some percussive samples, Credits and LBZ use Jackson's voice samples from Moonwalker (no kidding) and Mini-Boss uses both percussive and voice samples, IIRC. PCM samples would be lost in the MIDI soundtrack, so that probably why they changed those particular tunes. However, they could've just simulated the samples using MIDI instruments, like John Weeks did. Pretty stupid move, if you ask me. Unless there was some problems with the original creator of those songs, then I could understand why they did it.

The MIDIs in Sonic and Knuckles Collection sound absolutely nothing like their original counterparts. For example, a snare drum was replaced with a completely different instrument, making the song unbearable to listen to for one second. Just turn into Super Sonic and you'll see what I mean. Geez, some of you MIDI users have incredibly low standards.

Or maybe your MIDI synthesizer sucks as bad as your SRB2 Software mode, FoxBlitzz. ;)

I was just about to point that out. Those MIDIs can sound perfectly fine; it all depends on your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back