Sonic 3 & Knuckles re-release maybe?

Icarus

Phantasy Savior
There are some rumours about it (mainly for the 30th anniversary).

I'd gladly accept it even if they're using the prototype musics.

There are some rumours about it (mainly for the 30th anniversary).

I'd gladly accept it even if they're using the prototype music
your idea is acceptable
It was in The Windows version of the game replacing a couple of songs of the game
but sadly they didn't thing to do it in the android version

your idea is acceptable
It was in The Windows version of the game replacing a couple of songs of the game
but sadly they didn't thing to do it in the android version
Those Windows port (which I own) musics are taken from the prototype version of the game.

Some believes that it's either because of copyrights or because those used samples that couldn't be replicated with the midi themes.

Please, don't get my hopes up. But, I don't think it's necessary anymore, speacially because of Sonic 3 A.I.R

So the main reason(theorized) of it not coming back is because of some illegal child thingy made by a certain singer and SEGA wan a remove all signs lf this guy and dont show it to the new generation

Please, don't get my hopes up. But, I don't think it's necessary anymore, speacially because of Sonic 3 A.I.R
I know that fans are always doing better (since 2013 with the latest release of Sonic 3 Complete) but if the game is legally available again it means that Sega do care about their games and I'll support them.
Post automatically merged:

So the main reason(theorized) of it not coming back is because of some illegal child thingy made by a certain singer and SEGA wan a remove all signs lf this guy and dont show it to the new generation
Ah yes, the Michael Jackson's rumours and allegations that were going on in the 90's (which is also why he wasn't in the credits).

On the other hand there's also Brad Buxer and the Jetzons which made some compositions (especially Hard Times) which may have been one of the reasons why we didn't get any new releases.

Last edited:
I know that fans are always doing better (since 2013 with the latest release of Sonic 3 Complete) but if the game is legally available again it means that Sega do care about their games and I'll support them.
Post automatically merged:

Ah yes, the Michael Jackson's rumours and allegations that were going on in the 90's (which is also why he wasn't in the credits).

On the other hand there's also Brad Buxer and the Jetzons which made some compositions (especially Hard Times) which may have been one of the reasons why we didn't get any new releases.
I think Buxer is actually ok with it. Hard Times was an unreleased song due to the Jetzons having been broken up before Sonic 3’s development. When Buxer signed up to compose a track, he actually forgot about it and rushed in a part of Hard Times to meet the deadline. Whenever Hard Times did get released 20-something years later, the album it came in had Ice Cap’s background as the cover as well as the blue that was used being called “Sonic Blue.”

It’s speculated that the main problem isn’t Sega wanting to not want anything to do with Michael Jackson, but rather MJ’s estate not allowing them to use the songs he composed. Which ones those are is something that we aren’t sure (aside from Ice Cap of course), but I’m pretty sure that he didn’t compose were Sky Sanctuary, Mushroom Hill, Angel Island, Big Arm, Hydrocity, Flying Battery, Lava Reef, and Blue Spheres due to those tracks having appeared in Generations and Mania.

I think Buxer is actually ok with it. Hard Times was an unreleased song due to the Jetzons having been broken up before Sonic 3’s development. When Buxer signed up to compose a track, he actually forgot about it and rushed in a part of Hard Times to meet the deadline. Whenever Hard Times did get released 20-something years later, the album it came in had Ice Cap’s background as the cover as well as the blue that was used being called “Sonic Blue.”

It’s speculated that the main problem isn’t Sega wanting to not want anything to do with Michael Jackson, but rather MJ’s estate not allowing them to use the songs he composed. Which ones those are is something that we aren’t sure (aside from Ice Cap of course), but I’m pretty sure that he didn’t compose were Sky Sanctuary, Mushroom Hill, Angel Island, Big Arm, Hydrocity, Flying Battery, Lava Reef, and Blue Spheres due to those tracks having appeared in Generations and Mania.
Yep, most of the issues are from Carnival Night, Icecap and Launch Base.

Copyright laws are a big mess (even worse when it's between a japanese company and american estate).

I also want to reminder that Sega has to pay for Green Hill's theme because it was composed by a Dreams Come True member (which is also why Sonic Spinball got two different title themes).

Yep, most of the issues are from Carnival Night, Icecap and Launch Base.

Copyright laws are a big mess (even worse when it's between a japanese company and american estate).

I also want to reminder that Sega has to pay for Green Hill's theme because it was composed by a Dreams Come True member (which is also why Sonic Spinball got two different title themes).
That explains why Green Hill Zone and other major zones’ themes weren’t in LEGO Dimensions (although some were replaced by arguably better themes, but that’s besides the point)

Yeah, I'd support them too. SEGA has a lot of forgotten gems at their disposal, and they just ignore them. I'd love to see Jet Set Radio Future, Nights into Dreams, Streets of Rage, Crazy Taxi, Skies of Arcadia and many others in new consoles, or sequels to these games. SEGA is a company that experiments a lot, and by doing that they create a lot of cool stuff.

That explains why Green Hill Zone and other major zones’ themes weren’t in LEGO Dimensions (although some were replaced by arguably better themes, but that’s besides the point)
That's why I'd take Leaf Forest or even Splash Hill (remixed) over another Green Hill remix in the next game.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back