• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic 2-Style Sonic in SRB2?

Hey guys
you might not have heard from me for quite a while
i'm planning on making a sonic-2 style sonic for srb2, like how there's a sonic 1/cd one AND a sonic 3 one which nobody can get anymore|
i'll have to start working on the sprites on pixilart.com or any other websites

so erm...
wish me luck!

(p.s. i might post some of the current sprites soon)

Hey guys
i'm planning on making a sonic-2 style sonic for srb2, like how there's a sonic 1/cd one AND a sonic 3 one which nobody can get anymore|

so erm...
wish me luck!

Wow!Cool! I Like Sonic 2!.
Post automatically merged:

Wow!Cool! I Like Sonic 2!.
Also Good Luck!!!!.

Hey guys

so erm...
wish me luck!

You Must Show Proof You Started

Cut some slack, he said he would show some soon. Besides, it's not a big deal.
"14. No posting about project plans without proof that you have started."
It's very much, literally in the rules of this forum.
I know that it can seem strict, but there's reasons behind it 😕 it's not uncommon for people (usually on the younger side) to come make a thread here, say they're working on something, show little to no proof (or sometimes no proof whatsoever) of them working on something, and then probably cancelling the project soon enough or leaving the thread for dead silently.
I know it'd seem preferrable to cut people some slack, but when that kinda thing happens so often, there comes a point where something's gotta be done about it, y'know?
Even if it's nothing to make a fuss over it, it's no small thing to overlook either. Don't talk to others as if they're wrong when you've not read the rules yourself etiher.
I apologize to you and the mods if I'm stepping out of line, but I believe I saw you on another thread confidently wrong about something, and I feel it's worth saying something early if this has a chance of happening more.
If I'm wrong about that though, I apologize for that too.

I know that it can seem strict, but there's reasons behind it 😕 it's not uncommon for people (usually on the younger side) to come make a thread here, say they're working on something, show little to no proof (or sometimes no proof whatsoever) of them working on something, and then probably cancelling the project soon enough or leaving the thread for dead silently.
I know it'd seem preferrable to cut people some slack, but when that kinda thing happens so often, there comes a point where something's gotta be done about it, y'know?
Even if it's nothing to make a fuss over it, it's no small thing to overlook either. Don't talk to others as if they're wrong when you've not read the rules yourself etiher.
I apologize to you and the mods if I'm stepping out of line, but I believe I saw you on another thread confidently wrong about something, and I feel it's worth saying something early if this has a chance of happening more.
You Are True about the Rules

Fine.

sorry about that ermm

i've got some sprites coming right up

STND5.png
STNDA4A6.png
STNDA3A7.png
STNDA2A8.png
STNDA1.png
so here's some i've edited already (yup some of them are edited sonic 1 sprites or sonic 2 beta sprites, buti'm pretty sure they'll fit in well with gameplay.

Last edited:
sorry about that ermm

View attachment 103572View attachment 103573View attachment 103574View attachment 103576View attachment 103577 so here's some i've edited already (yup some of them are edited sonic 1 sprites or sonic 2 beta sprites, buti'm pretty sure they'll fit in well with gameplay.
I might be talking outside the scope of the mod, but I think basing the sprites off of the corkscrew sprites could make it stand out a bit more than "just a sprite rip".
image.png

ok may i ask HOW do they not look like sonic 2 sonic sprites.

i tried ok

also about the moveset, sure, he can have the peelout.
Awesome!

ok may i ask HOW do they not look like sonic 2 sonic sprites.
Different spines than the main sprites, and a rounder, less dynamic look, due to them being based off of SATAM Sonic. No one thinks of them when they think of the Sonic 2 sprites, making their inclusion pointless.

Awesome!

Different spines than the main sprites, and a rounder, less dynamic look, due to them being based off of SATAM Sonic. No one thinks of them when they think of the Sonic 2 sprites, making their inclusion pointless.
huh? how are they based off satam sonic?

sorry about that ermm

View attachment 103572View attachment 103573View attachment 103574View attachment 103576View attachment 103577 so here's some i've edited already (yup some of them are edited sonic 1 sprites or sonic 2 beta sprites, buti'm pretty sure they'll fit in well with gameplay.
my only complaints are that the shading looks a little off, in the second sprite the spines are a little too short, and in the front and back sprites his torso is a little too wide and the arm pose looks kinda unnatural

Last edited:
also, just a small note
if i don't post for a day or longer, it might be because i'm working on something else, playing a game or I'm somewhere like school.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back