• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

roboegg99

Its my new fangame I will be making online mutiplayer mode and stuff later and also a two player mode but this is the first part sonics part
here are the people you fight.

metal sonic
reckythehedgehog(me recky is the red hedgehog in the mobile)
knuckles
super sonic and tails(super sonic and tails are connected together)

and heres the download link tell me what you think about it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/44p35t

Good. You could change the music and add more enemys- maybe the chaos emeralds!

this is just a suggestion. Maybe this game could go far.

Oh... my... god..., ANOTHER sprite replacement of the same game. Try making a game from scratch.

It's hard making a game from scratch, but I am making one from scratch called "sonics big quest", but for now I will work on Sonic 1945.

Making a game from scratch isn't hard, it just takes some effort. And this also depends on the type of game you want to do. Puzzle games take much less developing time than platformer games, for example.
I prefer developing my games in a REAL programming language (C, ASM, etc.), not in crippled and proprietary languages (MMF, Game Maker, etc.)
One of the biggest advantages is that I've full control over the sources, and if I want, I can port my game everywhere. By consequence, the game can last longer, as it is not tied to a specific platform/program, and even if Windows eventually dies, the game won't die. This way, I can also use thousands of libraries vs. some tenths you can use with Game Maker.

roboegg99 said:
It's hard making a game from scratch, but I am making one from scratch called "sonics big quest", but for now I will work on Sonic 1945.

Actually, it's only hard to make a game from scratch if you have the attention span of an ant and don't wish to take up some of your free time to "RTHF" (Read the Help File)

No I don't have a small attention span, and as I sayed I am making sonics big quest from scratch, I am just making sonic 1945 for my first beta fangame.

I have made almost the exact same thing and I have the Sonic 2 special stage Sonic sprites to make it look like Sonic is running down a big path. Also, I made a fun game called "Spongebob's Quest" that is made from scratch with nothing as a base. It has a buttload of secrets, too.

Uhh... This game is rather generic. It really does feel like a generic game replaced by sonic sprites. Needs fancy features. Meh.

tails92 said:
I prefer developing my games in a REAL programming language (C, ASM, etc.), not in crippled and proprietary languages (MMF, Game Maker, etc.)

... Teach me C, plz. The only "real"(?) programming language is I know is the DM Language (BYONDcode), so I just make stuff with MMF2. But I just feel that I probably wouldn't be any good at actual programming.

So Penopat had the idea to create a remake of the 1945 game, just to show that it doesn't take much effort to build a game from scratch. I originally wanted to help and make it a team project, but then once I started to roll, it was pretty evident that I would be doing it solo. So after six hours, I made this.

http://chaos.foxmage.com/AkuKitsune/2045.exe

Made in Multimedia Fusion 2, with 100% custom movement for everything. No sloppy built-in movement. All of the movement was done through math and events, resulting in a much more natural experience. I also decided to add some polish here and there. It's not much with just one weapon and three enemies, but it's definitely worth a look.

Just goes to show how simple it is to make a game from scratch. Of course, I'm pretty experienced with MMF2, so what may look rather complicated is actually very simple on the inside. A ship, three different enemies, shooting, and destruction of the enemies and player.

It would be a good idea to start out small. A shoot-em-up is a nice place to start, because of the sheer simplicity of the game structure. After you've done that, you're welcome to start work on more advanced games such as maze/puzzle games and platformers. Just don't try to make Quake 3 as your second project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back