Sonic 1 Mod - GHZ 2: Building!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh. When you can see glitches in the very first screenshot 'officially' released, you know it's not so good... Can you even get up on those platforms that are in the background? Since it apparently uses 2D mode, do you have conveyer belts that push you forwards and backwards between the planes or something? Like, jump up onto an invisible platform conveyer belt thing which pushes you back a bit onto the platform with the ring box, then jump off and there's another (nonanimating) conveyer that pushes you forward? Are you going to have markers for the loops, just platforms with 2 beams on opposite corners 'holding it up' so you can put the 1 up boxes up there and stuff?

Good concept, I guess, despite being totally overused by EVERY SONIC GAME AFTER SONIC ADVENTURE, though the Sonic 2 special stage is much more abused... x_x

Awesone

I actually downloaded and tried it today. It was very original *coughloopswithlightdashcough* and it could've not've been any better, great job Flame! I hope to see more of this in the future :D

I found a glitch in 3D mode.

If you spin in the level or go too fast, you fly off the edge at an angle.

Hyper Tails said:
Why don't you make the bridges drop a few inches like the original games?

well if i made the bridges drop... like a few inches, i'd probably need a sector controller for droping, and rising blocks for each sector :?

and i have some of them joined

fox.dx2 said:
I found a glitch in 3D mode.

If you spin in the level or go too fast, you fly off the edge at an angle.

Hm? i never found this glitch, it must be a gravity error or something

PROGRESS:
Progress on this map is going well, i just finished adding some Spinner sectors that make you go through a little hole like in sonic 1, then it brings you to a checkpoint at full speed, then another one of those holes and then shooting up into the Air (i havent done this yet, should i Add a spring or something?)

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
well if i made the bridges drop... like a few inches, i'd probably need a sector controller for droping, and rising blocks for each sector :?

SOME!? why not just put 'fake' logs for the fish-bots to jump up through?

ZTaimat said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:

Fake logs? like platforms? (linedef # 59) but then wont the fish get stuck on the platform? (lol hopping fish, on land/logs)

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
ZTaimat said:
Flame_the_hedgehog said:

Fake logs? like platforms? (linedef # 59) but then wont the fish get stuck on the platform? (lol hopping fish, on land/logs)

Sorry for the bump but im pleased to announce that there will be another beta released soon, this time, it has music! (kinda) im only able to add the O_TITLES music, because Hikari is taking so long to convert the GHZ wav file into a OGG format
but i'll get more music/SFX, in there

Draykon said:
Uh dude, I'm pretty sure SRB2 already has the GHZ music in it. I think the number was somewhere in the 40s.

blah...
ok...

well i'lll add the other music then

Wow, this is pretty awsome, you gotta keep this going!

The spring "in the tree" could use some work though, you can see it when you are walking up to the tree.

You know, I think this is going to fail, along with my project. It relly is too much to recreate Sonic1,2, or 3K in SRB2, simply because we can only fake slopes and loops, the levels are insanely long anyway, and Sonic moves to quickly to constitute a good level. So, I'm shutting down my project. I doubt this will go all the way to the end. I mean, how are you going to do Final Zone? Or Scrap Brain? there's a few levels that, due to gimmicks, are impossible to complete. As such, it just won't work.

Final Zone can be easy use the crushing block sector or whatever it's called and the electric balls can be the Lasers And also have eggman in the playing field

WOW!!! Very nice. I noticed 1 redwall, and the music seems a little low quality, but otherwise, this is PERFECT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back