Somethings wrong...I cant recolor.HELP ME PLEASE!

Do you like helping noobs?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

• sometimes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadix

Well when I've tried to make a recolor the sprites are all black.What could I do to get past that?

Also I'm really new how would i put an image here I want to show you the problem.

EDIT:Eh,my computers acting up and won't let me do anything with my pictures so I'll just say think of loading your xwe and clicking lumps or all and every sprite is just sonic but no eyes no anything else just full black like a shadow in the middle of the screen.

Close the wad and reopen it. Ocasionally XWE does that.

If it keeps doing that, then you might as well not even TRY to make a character wad, because XWE probably doesn't work on your computer.

Kinda off-topic poll. Sure, I like to help everyone, whether they're a n00b, newbie, or above that, but what does that have to do with the topic?

Anyway, best thing to do is retry and save the sprites to your folder again.

IIRC, this is a problem regarding the IWAD, XWE dosen't have a pallete to work off of, so it uses this fancy black one.

Make sure the IWAD it's pointed to is SRB2.srb.

Super mystic sonic said:
Kinda off-topic poll. Sure, I like to help everyone, whether they're a n00b, newbie, or above that, but what does that have to do with the topic?

Anyway, best thing to do is retry and save the sprites to your folder again.

actually im a noob needing help so I was wondering if you guys liked helping noobs while you were helping a noob ,so just dont mind that.

Draykon said:
IIRC, this is a problem regarding the IWAD, XWE dosen't have a pallete to work off of, so it uses this fancy black one.

Make sure the IWAD it's pointed to is SRB2.srb.

Huh...whats an IWAD.

(And now your propably thinking theres your problem.)

Please, refrain from double posting. Either edit your previous post, or wait to post until someone else has.

Ya know, the little box that comes up when you boot it up. Point it to srb2.srb.

Ok,thanks for the help.But when I load up XWE that little box there says description,in that box is MainWAD,path,nothing,and file name,DOOM2.WAD.So which one do i put it in because when i type it in path it says file not found then when i x out it comes up and the sprites still are black.

And sorry, I posted the first one when Draykon posted and could'nt think of a way not to double post.

EDIT:Ok no ones posted in a while so just tell me what do I do to point it to srb2.srb

ANOTHER EDIT:Ok i finally figured it out and for newbies who look at this that want help also.When that little box opens up to point it to srb2.srb just where it says DOOM2.WAD write srb2.srb there and then press browse and look for the thing that says srb2.srb and click open then there you have it. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back