Something's up with my level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykotic

Alright, in my level, there's an area where you can't come into contact with objects, and you sort of stick to walls. Does anyone know what this bug is and how to fix it?

I'm gonna bet somehow you broke the blockmap limit thing.. 32K x 32K. Just shrink your level is my guess.

Yeah, NSZ2 has an area like that. It's just too big. You can fudge it by not putting any enemies in, or collectable items.

But, um, how big IS your map?

If we're talking about Syakoto here, it has about three or four arenas more or less the size of your average Match zone.

Yeah, but even SA City is only 18,000 by 14,000 approximately.

96,000 by 96,000 is obscene.

There's a lot of arena places. I shrunk it, so now it's about twice as big as SA City. The arenas were for use with the battle socs I produced. I just put them in a separate level now.

Uh, it's not physically possible for your map to be 96Kx96K. The absolute limit is 64Kx64K. It shouldn't even allow you to save if you go beyond that.

Technically, it's not digitally possible, Mystic. And he could be using some obscure map editor that has an enlarged maximum BLOCKMAP.

I mean that the X and Y coordinates are stored as signed 16-bit integers. That gives a range of -32767 to 32768, or 65536 units. There is simply no way a map can go beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back