• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Something that would probably be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

noobiebey

You know what would be really, really cool (atleast in my opinion)? An SRB2, 2D fighting game mod. I say 2d because I'm already predicting that someone's gonna call the match gamemode as a "fighting game". Hopefully this gives someone the idea to make this into a reality, somehow. I got this idea from watching DBFZ UI Goku being op, and I just imagined someone complaining about it in a SRB2-like chat in all caps.

I also thought of posting this in SRB2 Discussion but this would probably be a mod like SRB2 Kart.

• Cool!
Reactions: M.K
That sounds really neat! You should really create this hypothetical mod of yours. A lot of people would probably enjoy it.

That sounds really neat! You should really create this hypothetical mod of yours. A lot of people would probably enjoy it.
I would, but thing is.. I have absolutely no idea how to code. This was just an idea that suddenly popped into my head one day, and I decided to share it.

I would, but thing is.. I have absolutely no idea how to code. This was just an idea that suddenly popped into my head one day, and I decided to share it.
You have every ability to learn how. The SRB2 Wiki includes all the resources you could want for learning how to make your own SRB2 addons.

You have every ability to learn how. The SRB2 Wiki includes all the resources you could want for learning how to make your own SRB2 addons.
A valid point, but there's also the fact that I have other responsibilities such as school, which are very important for me.

As do the people who would be making this hypothetical mod. As an aside, "just throwing ideas out there for others to make" is functionally nearly identical to just asking people to make mods for you.
A valid point, but there's also the fact that I have other responsibilities such as school, which are very important for me.

yea and so do probably everyone who has made a mod before for any video game, maybe just leave it as a small little project that you work on every week

As do the people who would be making this hypothetical mod. As an aside, "just throwing ideas out there for others to make" is functionally nearly identical to just asking people to make mods for you.
Another valid point. But counter-point: and I'm gonna be honest here: I'm lazy as hell. I don't even know why I said that I would if I could, because I probably wouldn't, at least currently in my life. So I apologize for that part there. And the second part, you're right. Anyway, have a good day.

Another valid point. But counter-point: and I'm gonna be honest here: I'm lazy as hell. I don't even know why I said that I would if I could, because I probably wouldn't, at least currently in my life. So I apologize for that part there. And the second part, you're right. Anyway, have a good day.
I am probably the laziest person I’ll ever know and I have to juggle all sorts of things and I still find time to develop Chili Dog. If you want something, you’ll have to be willing to work and learn for it. If you can learn one aspect of it (for example, spriting) and show that you are willing to make a complete mod, then chances are people will be more willing to help and do things such as code for you

you seem really eager to come up with excuses to not learn and have someone else do your work for you

Frankly the concept is rather neat and would be great to see expanded into a separate game like Kart. But you can't just expect some random person stumbling upon your thread and putting aside every other project they've got in pursuit of achieving your vision. If you truly want to see it done, you're better off beginning the project by yourself, then hopefully pick up other people along the way after you prove you can pull your own weight. Though I do recommend starting off waaay smaller than a full-game conversion, especially if you're not familiar with modding.

Though to be honest, the "i'm lazy so i wont learn" gives off the impression you don't really want to learn and are lowkey asking someone else to work on it. I'd be glad to be proven wrong, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back