Something Strange I guess

Heya! I'm sure nobody knows me BUT...
I've had this little thing I can't get my mind off of, that being... Why is Red Volcano Zone the only returning zone from a sonic game?

Like, there's GFZ... THZ... DSZ... And they are all brand new!

But why RVZ...?

If you don't know (Or you have been staying away from bad games) RVZ was originally from Sonic blast, (Not Sonic 3D Blast) But Sonic Blast for the Game Gear!
Could it possibly be that it was a mistake and they thought the name "Red Volcano Zone" Sounded cool? I mean, don't get me wrong it is pretty cool!

Or did they find RVZ from Sonic Blast cool? (Its not cool, its an eye-bleed)

I think it's the first option, but we won't know til' someone spills the beans I guess.

Bye! -Not Unique Tad SRB2
Post automatically merged:

Note: I put spoiler warnings because the zone is pretty far in the game.

Heya! I'm sure nobody knows me BUT...
I've had this little thing I can't get my mind off of, that being... Why is Red Volcano Zone the only returning zone from a sonic game?

Like, there's GFZ... THZ... DSZ... And they are all brand new!

But why RVZ...?

If you don't know (Or you have been staying away from bad games) RVZ was originally from Sonic blast, (Not Sonic 3D Blast) But Sonic Blast for the Game Gear!
Could it possibly be that it was a mistake and they thought the name "Red Volcano Zone" Sounded cool? I mean, don't get me wrong it is pretty cool!

Or did they find RVZ from Sonic Blast cool? (Its not cool, its an eye-bleed)

I think it's the first option, but we won't know til' someone spills the beans I guess.

Bye! -Not Unique Tad SRB2
Post automatically merged:

Note: I put spoiler warnings because the zone is pretty far in the game.
This was most likely a coincidence,since Red Volcano in here looks NOTHING like Red Volcano from Sonic Blast.

honestly i think one of the devs played sonic blast, either cuz they did from one of their parents unfortunately buying it for one of them or maybe they played sonic blast and were like "dude this level sucks, we should make it better" which i mean that probably be the greatest idea if we heard it like recently, but well Project 06 did that pretty surprisingly well with the original game so it can be done, but they did just that years ago with red volcano (i think cuz i haven't played either sonic blast or previous versions of red volcano before 2.2)
now for the prove of this i think i have a couple for this, one is cuz of the name of course (lol), and two is because in the third act of the stage with the same name from sonic blast it's blue just like the unused blue mountain level which would connect to red volcano, and three uh lava ig? honestly those weren't the greatest comparisons, but ik that in some way they were inspired to reimagine red volcano zone in sonic robo blast 2 (unless the original designers of the game announce that it was a coincidence and i'm just dead ass wrong) and what if they even used some inspiration from volcano valley from sonic 3D blast? i mean the visuals aren't super close but also they're alot more closer than red volcano from sonic blast, and probably as well as lava reef? well whatever happened while creating the stage, they got inspiration from somewhere

honestly i think one of the devs played sonic blast, either cuz they did from one of their parents unfortunately buying it for one of them or maybe they played sonic blast and were like "dude this level sucks, we should make it better" which i mean that probably be the greatest idea if we heard it like recently, but well Project 06 did that pretty surprisingly well with the original game so it can be done, but they did just that years ago with red volcano (i think cuz i haven't played either sonic blast or previous versions of red volcano before 2.2)
now for the prove of this i think i have a couple for this, one is cuz of the name of course (lol), and two is because in the third act of the stage with the same name from sonic blast it's blue just like the unused blue mountain level which would connect to red volcano, and three uh lava ig? honestly those weren't the greatest comparisons, but ik that in some way they were inspired to reimagine red volcano zone in sonic robo blast 2 (unless the original designers of the game announce that it was a coincidence and i'm just dead ass wrong) and what if they even used some inspiration from volcano valley from sonic 3D blast? i mean the visuals aren't super close but also they're alot more closer than red volcano from sonic blast, and probably as well as lava reef? well whatever happened while creating the stage, they got inspiration from somewhere
So long story short,they were inspired by every lava level in Classic Sonic games before Sonic Adventure was made?

RVZ in SRB2 was originally meant to be a trope gimmick level split into two zones each only being one act. The companion zone to it was called Blue Mountain Zone, and would have been snow and ice themed. BMZ was in very early development before being scrapped completely. Overall, I think it's pretty fair to say that RVZ wasn't meant to be a specific reference to anything that came before it, it's just a volcano themed level that happens to share a name with an obscure level from an obscure title that next to nobody ever played.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back