[SOLVED] Saving issue with MD2

Yo.
I'm attempting to use the Low-Poly models from Hyperchaotix. I extracted them to the folder with the SRB2 stuff in it, and they didn't work.
So then I go to the thread where I got the models, follow the instructions on this video, launch SRB2 using the OpenGL batch file, and everything seems to work.

Except now, save files don't save. If I were to create a new file and then return to menu, the file I just created wouldn't be there. Even in pre-existing save files, zone progression doesn't record. I can still delete files, oddly enough.

So, I edited the OpenGL batch file back to normal (removing the chunk of text added earlier, when I was following the tutorial video), and then tried running that. Now it saves properly, but a lot of the models are messed up.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the game thinking I hacked it to get access to secrets, and so it prevents save files from being accessed, as I read that the game does this. I apologize if I missed important details, I'm new here... help

Last edited:
Yo.
I'm attempting to use the Low-Poly models from Hyperchaotix. I extracted them to the folder with the SRB2 stuff in it, and they didn't work.
So then I go to the thread where I got the models, follow the instructions on this video, launch SRB2 using the OpenGL batch file, and everything seems to work.

Except now, save files don't save. If I were to create a new file and then return to menu, the file I just created wouldn't be there. Even in pre-existing save files, zone progression doesn't record. I can still delete files, oddly enough.

So, I edited the OpenGL batch file back to normal (removing the chunk of text added earlier, when I was following the tutorial video), and then tried running that. Now it saves properly, but a lot of the models are messed up.

I'm guessing this has something to do with the game thinking I hacked it to get access to secrets, and so it prevents save files from being accessed, as I read that the game does this. I apologize if I missed important details, I'm new here... help
If you followed the tutorial completely, then save files are not supposed to save, you have to use the wad-less version to use save-files.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back