• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SOCs, and screens

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shadowsfollower

i am working on my charector thrust as a wad, but i don't know how to make a SOC for him so he can be used in single player, i was hoping that when someone could tell me what to do.

EDIT: fixed it, new prob.

why is my charector black when he starts, he is meant to be green

Are you running it in multiplayer? Green is the color that usually does pallette swaps, if you have the correct shades. I'm assuming you either ran it in multiplayer with your autoexec.cfg set to make you black, or you copied and pasted some 1player character code that made it black somehow...

shadowstar said:
or you copied and pasted some 1player character code that made it black somehow...

that is problly it, how to i make the one player code green?

Ehm, he's right. It's supposed that with that it's enough. So:

1. Somewhere you put "COLOR BLACK".
2. STARTCOLOR and ENDCOLOR aren't correctly set.

Sik said:

no it was what i sadi, i setr it that way and it works now, but new problem, how do i make signs, 1UP boxes, and the "isert player name here" got through act "insert act number here" screen to have the charectors name on it?

The name must be set automatically by the game (if you set a name for the character, obviously :P), but the other things are defined by their entries' names... But I don't know how to make the ID, so don't ask it to me :? I'm interested in how to name them for have the desired effect, too.

shadowsfollower said:
Sik said:

no it was what i sadi, i setr it that way and it works now, but new problem, how do i make signs, 1UP boxes, and the "isert player name here" got through act "insert act number here" screen to have the charectors name on it?

In OBJCTCFG do SKINNAME = INSERT PLAYER NAME HERE (ALLCAPS)

This topic is months old, and the original creator is banned. Try reading the rules. They're there for a reason, you know.

Sometimes I wonder if those people are too stupid to actually read the post dates, or learn to not go to the 32nd page on the thread index and dig up an old topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back