So, like, Esper sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

This is one of the worst netsplits I've seen. And I'm including the one that almost initiated a move to Rizon.

So, I get disconnected from Esper (An event that I've had with increasing frequency lately...). Figuring it was a minor nonissue, I reconnect to the network. Upon joining, I asked if the server shut down. About a few seconds later...BAM! Only 4 people left. I'm then kicked. Again. After some manipulation of my connection, I manage to get to the MOTD, and no farther. A bit of patience, it FINALLY lets me connect through someone's IP. AND BEHOLD! I get taken off after three seconds! More manipulation for me! Well, I'm FINALLY on the network...Alone for every channel on my autojoin list.

Great fun.

Let's all move to Kroze's IRC server. Then we can't get netsplits because there is only one server! :D

Actually, I don't want to switch. I go to about seven channels a day: #vgmusic, #mariokartds, #rphaven, #goldenruins, #srb2JTE, #rohmacking, and my own channel, #sdc. In short, all of the forums and sites I go to frequently have chatrooms on Espernet. Plus, I almost never get screwed on it.

...I mean, sure, I could open up a separate server window, but that'd be too inconvenient. :(

If we moved to a new server, I'm pretty sure that all "SRB2-community based channels" would move too that so they can keep in touch with the SRB2 community easier. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if #mariokartds moved too, since half of its members go to #srb2fun also(plus, the channel could finally be renamed to something better).

If we moved to a new server, I'm pretty sure that all "SRB2-community based channels" would move too that so they can keep in touch with the SRB2 community easier. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if #mariokartds moved too, since half of its members go to #srb2fun also(plus, the channel could finally be renamed to something better).
True, though that still leaves my channel, VG Music's channel, and Acmlm's Board channel.

I suppose we could. But again, I haven't really had a problem with it, so I don't see what's necessary about parting the server. Do you use dream.esper.net?

Shuffle said:
Do we need to go through this every time there's a few netsplits?

No.
We need to go through this until we move off Esper.

Seriously, with the multiple amounts of netsplits, it should be painfully obvious the network sucks.

Oh for god's sake, a few netsplits over the course of a day or two and you're ready to jump ship. Esper is fine, it was probably just having a small amount of server trouble.

You of all people should know how I feel about Esper. I've made my opinion known well enough.

Any excuse to get off the server is good enough for me.

As far as I remember, I've never been caught up in a netsplit. Most disconnections from Esper have been due to my connection playing up; disconnecting from all the servers I connect to or just seperating me from the innernetz.

Edit: I take back what I said.

Whee, a couple internet conversations interrupted a week. (I say a week, because netsplits rarely occur during an actuall conversation) We need to move to a different server.

I laugh at all of you.
A few netsplits, and you guys go complain that you wanna move? You guys expect things to be too perfect around here. I mean, if that was the same for SRB2, nobody would be here!

Get a grip, guys.

THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!

There was a netsplit on IRC! We should all move to another network that will probably do the SAME THING occasionally.

Seriously, do you remember Mysteria? I remember a period there where we had a good 2-3 netsplits a week and that was just par for the course. On a bad day it could split 10-15 times. Hell, Rizon isn't exactly the avatar of stable either, and it's the most likely place we'd move to.

Get a grip. Shall we replace Sepwich and the master server, too? They don't have a 100% track record either.

God bless Mysteria. Unfortunately Mystic, the number of people who remember it are dwindling quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back