So, I want to learn to program/make wads and SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashovare

Okay, I would be a complete newbie to SRB2 programming, or DOOM programming. I have had little experience with any sort of code otherwise.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some links for absolute beginners. I don't mean only where in the wikis to start, but also sites, instructions, or tips on spriting. (I'd be new to that too.) If possible, even how to create the music styles in the games.

Thank you for your help.

Editing the source code when you have no previous experience with programming isn't a good idea, if that's what you're asking.

Check the wiki for mapping and such though.

Yeah, the SRB2 wiki is a good source for help. It can be found on the posting sidebar.

If you want to know about the source code, it's probably better you get more experience in some kinds of code programming.

ST's tutorial is oriented towards the original DB in the sense of minor things. For instance, the config file in DB has some rather bulky linedef labels. There's also some minor cosmetic changes, as well as a few new added features and whatnot.

Don't worry: They're different, yes, but switching between the two should be painless. If you're really that worried, you can always change SRB2DB's cosmetic settings so it looks really, really close to DB.

Thanks a lot. One last thing: the Doombuilderguide.pdf on the download website - I should probably go through that too, or will the other guides pretty much show me how to use Doom Builder too?

Edit: What/where is the srb2edit.cfg ST is talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back