So does Metal Sonic breath air?

MrFlawAlot

Not gonna lie, it's kind of funny seeing how Metal Sonic, a robot, Sonic Hedgehog look-a-like dies to the vacuum of space. I know I get it, balancing characters, blah blah, but it's a robot, an object, yet, somehow Metal Sonic needs air to breath, in space. Yes, the drowning in water is fine, makes sense because there's a huge hole in his chest that leads to, uhm, I don't know, and it will, destroy his battery, or whatever powers Metal. Dude got the freaking Duracells in him to wait God knows how long for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles to get to the core, then to race them and fight them, get destroyed and somehow just tank a beating WITH the fact he absorbed a lot of energy which should be harmful to the battery to throw projectiles at them DURRING THE FIGHT! Wait, what was a I talking about? Oh yeah. So, Metal somehow needs to breath out in space. I don't know about you all, but I can see a mass ton of conspiracy theories about this, is there secretly some unknown life form inside Metal? We will never know... (no this is not a suggestion to get rid of Metal Sonic dying in space.) Does anybody have any theories as of why Metal Sonic needs air to breath in space? Because that's a robot from the last time I checked. Okay that's all I have to say, Cya

just a wild guess, but

it could have nothing to do with oxygen.
space is an insanely cold vacuum
metal's circuits could be freezing up there.
this also explains why the elemental shield protects him up there: it's partly made of fire so it keeps him warm.

Yeah that's a really good theory, I can see how that works. but wait, since the elemental shield can stop drowning, the shield might be airtight so how is Sonic, Tails, or Knuckles getting air in there?

There's a number of things that could explain Metal's trouble with operating in a vacuum; temperature, the lack of air pressure, the lack of air friction, etc. Probably a bunch of things each of which alone isn't too big of an issue, but when combined adds up to the point that Metal isn't able to operate as normal for long. Even though he is a robot, he wasn't necessarily designed to operate in a vacuum.

I believe the devs talked about it on the Discord server;
The vacuum of space lacks any medium for heat to dissipate, so Metal Sonic rapidly overheats in space.

As for underwater, pure fanon here but I like to think he's got his own air reserve to slowly bubble out and prevent water from getting inside by constantly pushing it out. Of course, once this runs out, Metal's flooded with water and... we know what happens next.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back