So about Sonic Omens...

LuminousNeon

Ideally Imperfect
So I know everyone's been praising Sonic Omens lately, but this video by Splash Dash presents a valid point.

Update:
For those wondering Sega didnt get mad.

Last edited:
I didn't like it back in 2020 and I still don't like it now. I'm all for a game with good presentation and visuals, and this game has that in spades. The problem is that's pretty much all it has going for it, and it fails on just about every other detail. The old Sonic World before it became Sonic World DX suffered from an over-ambition problem that resulted in it having too many features and not enough design. Omens feels like the same to me, except instead of features it has visuals, which is a much weaker plus side than people would expect if they don't know any better.

SRB2 is an example of how this kind of thing is done right. While it will always have a dated look to it, it still manages to make the most out of what it has to work with, and because the proper care and time is taken during development it doesn't over-extend itself in regards to features. SRB2 knows how to pace itself, and it benefits a lot from that. How many other fangames can say they've survived multiple decades of development without being canceled?

I like Omens. I like how it tries to bring about an unsettling feeling of looming chaos and disarray into an epic story. It's cool how it still can be grounded with Sonic, Tails, Shadow, and everyone else. But it's this same unsettling feeling in which I also think is uncanny, or a bit out of place, in relation to the perception of Sonic everyone has known for in Sega's official games in the past three decades. That's the thing: Sonic has always been an experimental franchise and world. SRB2 is such a testament to this fan perception and obsessive analysis of the official games, and I think Omens is unique in its own category. It's fair to criticize that it's too edgy (for others tastes). I love it; it's a direction I anticipated and wanted from Forces, but never got that satisfaction from. I look forward to the later episodes.

Also Shadow's Russian accent kills me. Very cool.

Last edited:
The Game has some good things and bad things about it, First off the good things:

They have an excellent story and it's very impressive how the team can develop a game like this with the engine they have given so they could make a nice 3D platform, but the game also has it's downsides. First off I gotta point out of the visuals, it's kinda what most 3D sonic fangames lack since they run off a certain engine, and this game is no different.

Secondly I gotta point out about the graphics, and for some people who have weak pc's, it's kinda hard to run games like this because it's hard for the computer specs to handle it. my desktop has limitations and trying out the game for the first time it did not run well due to how much the game uses up your computer specs.

There's a lot more I can say but I'm don't wanna make this a 6 paragraph message, so ima just end it here

Secondly I gotta point out about the graphics, and for some people who have weak pc's, it's kinda hard to run games like this because it's hard for the computer specs to handle it. my desktop has limitations and trying out the game for the first time it did not run well due to how much the game uses up your computer specs.
Same here ! My computer is old back in 2014 and can't run like this games
Too I can't download a game in 8GB size ! It's higher than my interest can handle
When I download a 1or 2GB game a pass the whole day plus my internet can finish because I have limited amount of GB that I can use
Post automatically merged:

The games looks interesting and awesome ! Good graphics , gameplay
But the cutscenes need more work
"SEGA must hire this man" just why ? Sonic Team can just see the game and try to make one better than it ?!
But making money from a sonic fan game ?! Is no good ! Sonic is trademark for SEGA even the team didn't have license from them
Where is SEGA ? Just watching ?

Last edited:
I feel like the level design is good, but the vanilla Infinity engine leaves much to be desired. For one, you can spindash but you can't roll for some reason.

I had it but then my PC burned from pain... (not literally) but other than that I think it's good from what I saw in the videos

sonic omens at least for me it is not a bad game the game shines in many aspects and I know it has problems more than anything in level design but in general I see great potential in the game the problem I have is the fact that its creator benefits from it and this could cause sega to look with bad eyes at the fangame and start to close them and this could even affect sonic robo blast 2

The worst thing is that as much of a fan-fiction Sonic Omens look like (and the unnecessary plane section with Tails) it still looks better than Forces...

But I do agree that I dislike the "*insert company name here* hire this man" thing but at least Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are still producing competent games...

The worst thing is that as much of a fan-fiction Sonic Omens look like (and the unnecessary plane section with Tails) it still looks better than Forces...

But I do agree that I dislike the "*insert company name here* hire this man" thing but at least Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are still producing competent games...
that makes SEGA doesn't know how to make games LOL

So I know everyone's been praising Sonic Omens lately, but this video by Splash Dash presents a valid point.

Update:
For those wondering Sega didnt get mad.
What can be said about this project? I am like a Russian person who follows this project and the developers. At Omens there are many problems! But instead of fixing them, BOLT decides to count money with others (In his discord channel) and brag about the fact that they have beautiful screensavers! But, he has pluses, namely, I liked how they made Shadow's abilities.

I played it,and to me,its litreally the alternative version of Sonic Forces.Plane Sections with Tails would be good if there werent Squid jumpscares all the time.

I would also like to tell that for a little review on Sonic Omens,check out the YT channel called "J's Reviews". He makes great content and is a Sonic fan.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back