Skateboard Sonic

Skateboard Sonic 1.5 - Resync Fix by Saxashitter

There's a strange sprite bug that occurs when you do the fly spin mid-air and hit a badnik within specific animation frames. It will cause these error messages to pop up in console and the spin animation will now display the warning sign due to these frames now being invalid
Screenshot 2025-11-26 141147.png

Visual of this error in-game:
srb20025-ezgif.com-optimize.gif

There's also another bug where if you do the fly-spin and hit the badnik WHILE landing on the same frame, this error pops up and the stand sprite also turns into the warning sign.
Screenshot 2025-11-26 142351.png

srb20026.gif
 
Last edited:
Oh my god, who in the world made the GFZ1 remix!? I hecking LOVE it!
Aside from that, This is a great what i assume is a "remake" of the legacy Skateboard Sonic.
 
Let there be woosting (and even hywoosting with the crusher jump being readded) and my life is yours... /hj
 
I just found a very weird bug.
So, If you use Noodle Drill mid-air and release spin after you land, if you don´t move on purpose once you land in the noddle drill state you won´t have the wallbounce state "ground boost" once you land, even if you start moving on purpose again. Here´s a gif with input viewer:
srb20063.gif

Here I show the same thing but going fast, thanks to the closed captioning, you can see the wallbounce state "ground boost" sound effect (sfx_wbland) won´t play.
srb20064.gif

I hope this gets fixed on the next update!
Post automatically merged:

Oh I forgot another bug uhhhhhhhhh...
If you press jump once you land when using Noodle Drill or Ground Pound you can do a jump and cancel the drill´s bounce or ground pound land animation. (yes i´m using the server build but all those bugs also happen in the release version too (I tested it.) (I used an autojump mod so I don´t have to record a 10 minutes long gif but you can do it normally.) (I love skatenic).)
srb20071.gif
srb20070.gif

(idk wtf is going on with skatenic white parts with my gifs, don´t ask me)
Post automatically merged:

I just realised I said "after" I meant "before"

Captura de Tela (205).png
 
Last edited:
Unironically one of my favorite addons out there, but when the update comes out do you guys think you're gonna release a version that doesn't nerf his speed and just removes all the lag causing issues? I love how chaotic and crazy fast I can get with this guy.
 
The Saltshakers updated Skateboard Sonic with a new update entry:

Feburary

SO BASICALLY...

We're redoing all the sprites, with a brand-new design. Stuff happened that made us not really want to
associate with the old one, but I don't feel like getting into that.

This means EVERYTHING is getting a fresh coat of paint! Every sprite will be hand drawn by a good pal from a hotel. Something something fidelity

Don't expect anything soon, but expect something none the less...

(gif by snorkleberry)

[ATTACH...​

Read the rest of this update entry...
 
new skatenic wishlist, feel free to do literally none of these i love it when artists do what they want but ive been playing skatenic all day and having thoughts:
- grrrrrrr i hate fidelity!!!
- goofy animated manual in a new menu instead of the srb2 manual, partly bc i still can't figure out the button to go to the next page
- something resembling the feel of the old wall trick animation, not necessarily the same but like, spinning around an axis felt really cool actually
- spin dive thing that you do with c1 lerps back to normal gravity, repeated wall tricking diminishes faster
- to make up for lerping back to normal gravity, make the spin dive thing capable of doing the hat in time air cancel by pressing jump, basically just doing a half-height wall trick off of air in exchange for all horizontal momentum and capability of doing more wall tricks or spin dive things until you land. make this have a brief stall on landing or on doing it so it's not just suddenly optimal for speed but also feels punchy and gives your brain time to catch up
Post automatically merged:

stitch onto my previous post: oh wait having a brief stall for punchiness and controlling what is the most optimal option could actually just be done to wall tricking in the first place, and then it could be consistent with the air cancel trick
 

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back
Top