simple recoloring help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
paint.png

Use paint.

On the contrary, I would not recommend MSPaint for anything. It has a poor interface, poor featureset, and poor saving. It can't handle some of the basic necessities like 256-color palettes, and it has poor file format capabilities for anything outside of BMP. I cannot think of a single redeeming quality of MSPaint.

There are three free alternatives that will get the job done much, much better than MSPaint. They are:

GIMP
Paint.net
GraphicsGale (Free version doesn't support a few export formats, use IrfanView to convert)

Honestly, MSPaint does so many things wrong that I simply can't stand using it anymore. Get a better program - it will do you all the good in the world.

FoxBlitzz, YOU FAIL FOR NOT UNDERSTANDING THE GRATNESS OF PAINT!!!
Seriously, is the best painting tool I have here, photoshop and other programs FAIL in my PC.
Well, at least for my recolring needs... *runs*

On the contrary, Photoshop has a replace colour function, for recolouring this is a dream come true (a bad dream, but a dream none the less) since you can just change all of one colour. Paint on the other hand fails at anything more than doing a quick pixel by pixel drawing.

XWE does color remapping itself, which is one of the very very few tools I ever need outside of what Paint offers. The rest of the stuff (palette support) is merely convenience. And since, when doing sprites for characters, the colors used are generally the same for every sprite, well, Paint isn't as bad as you might think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back