• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Silver the Hedgehog, a WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want, I can check myself. I'll just grab your sprite and add the green to it.

Violo: kthnx, busy testing some stuff in the game anyway :P

ThunderNova: heh, well, add all the shades you wan't, just keep the ones I have already as well.

BTW, please don't have his mane (white floof on his neck) visible, because Super Silver's is golden colored, and it would look weird in Match (maybe nobody would notice but I'm just nit-picky :<)

That is a lot of shades of orange. If you use the green, he looks green. I think you would be better using light blues or something to try and get the right feel. Heck. The official Sonic uses a grey or something for lighter green.

It does? lolwut

Alright then, to compinsate for the fact that there's no lime green (there should be :<), I'll make his floating aura cyan. I'll give the excuse that it's that way because it's reflected directly off his fur, as opposed to his spinning aura *hides*

You can use light cyan and it would look correct, like colour 209 or something. Although, since you're using orange, would it look right on every colour?
By the way, what's his ability? If it's SS Float, then no aura for you since that doesn't use special frames.

I think the gliding-like float would be a better fit, seeing as Silver's floating is "timed", and there is no time setting for SS float that I'm aware of.
EDIT: The spindash / jumping sprites will be hell for me. I sure as hell hope the other ones will be easier. I'm not use to MAKING sprites, rather improving already made sprites.

Last edited:
Well Gliding isn't limited either. A weak fly would work actually, when I think about it. Power 1 would be interesting. Why don't you try that Hyper?

@Thunder: Can you trace over drawings? I would happily try drawing some frames in my free time to give you a hand.

Edit: Oh, BTW, leaving now, so don't expect any answers yet.

yeah those sprites suck, I'm using Chrispy's spin sprites. :3

And Violo, I'm hopefully going to be able to make 2 different WADs, one with the teleporting ability (SOC'd thok, hopefully I can figure out how to do this, Draykon said it's possible so :/) and another with either SS float or ThunderNova's suggestion of Gliding with slow actionspeed. However, the glide thing would end up screwing up Silver's actual superform in match... (or SP superforms in 2.1.* if they put in the Pandora's Box option, considering it comes out within this year or the beginning of the next >:< (most likely not >>:<)).

Speaking of 2.0.1, I gave a suggestion for "abilityframes." Hopefully they'll at least try to implement that :<

EDIT: aww, cya.

And hm... Weak fly... that would be useful, come to think of it. I guess I'll make 3 WADs, then. :P

Well Gliding isn't limited either. A weak fly would work actually, when I think about it. Power 1 would be interesting. Why don't you try that Hyper?

@Thunder: Can you trace over drawings? I would happily try drawing some frames in my free time to give you a hand.

Edit: Oh, BTW, leaving now, so don't expect any answers yet.
That would be great, but sadly no. I am still attempting though, so if you want you could try and help me. Let me post up my current sprites, and then you can send me them.
EDIT: Oh wow, this sprite is coming along way better than I expected.
EDIT: Okay guys, finished with my first ever sprite. *sniff* I...I'm so proud...
PLAYL18128473197-iaza.png

Last edited:
o_o REALLY good for a first-timer!

All I ask is for you to make the middle head-spike thing a little larger and wider at the base of it, and you will have made a great first-time job

I might give a few of my own touches on your sprites later if I decide to import them (prolly will), but for now I require sleep. Cya.

kthnx.

Also I just remembered that there's no more regular glide so I guess I'll work on implementing a weak Tails Fly tomorrow. :E (and hopefully find out how to make his decent faster than normal, since tails falls slowly when he stops :<)

EDIT: ugh, I knew his would happen.

I'm having trouble making sprites of him levitating off the ground (his boredom frames). The shape looks weird with his boots. :<

Last edited:
UPDATE: working on his boredom frames, and in the process I got an idea: a pallet hack. I decided to mess around with some colorization and I found some shades of light green similar to the green that Silver had in '06. I also have a cyan version of him for a non-pallet hack version. Tell me what you think.
silvb1.png
silvb1green.png

note: the colors being replaced is the small little row of lime-ish green on the right-side of the pallet. I'm not sure what uses it but the colors don't seem to have much of a clash with them.

What I think would be cool is if you made the aura change color with the player in multiplayer, there is a way to do and still have a silver silver with cyan/lime green aura as default. Just look it up on wiki.

It would be cool, yes, and would have his main color be green, with his aura when he spins looking that way... hmm...
Well, I wanted his FUR to change color, not his aura, but if it's what everyone else wants, I guess I can make his prefcolor cyan/green. In fact, I'll put up a poll. Would you guys like his fur to change color in netgames, or his aura?

EDIT: forget the poll, guys. I forgot n00bs ruined being able to post polls. Thanks n00bs. :|

Last edited:
you should make silver but at the same time put all his details then give him a super form that way more people would play him oh ya word of advice making hyper sonic project :I.

It would be cool, yes, and would have his main color be green, with his aura when he spins looking that way... hmm...
Well, I wanted his FUR to change color, not his aura, but if it's what everyone else wants, I guess I can make his prefcolor cyan/green. In fact, I'll put up a poll. Would you guys like his fur to change color in netgames, or his aura?

EDIT: forget the poll, guys. I forgot n00bs ruined being able to post polls. Thanks n00bs. :|
No, you didn't understand what I was saying, I ment you can (and should) have the Aura AND Fur change color even though they are differnt colors. You can set 2 DIFFERNT colors to change and still have them be differnt for the default color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back