Should the game's creaters make an SA game...

Should an SA game be made by this game's creaters?

• Yes for both SA games to be included

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes for just SA1 to be included

• yes for just SA2

• yes for SA1 (with 2) WITHOUT Big the Cat

• NO!!!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's such a shame. People don't know Sonic's roots. Soon, the very first games will fade into obcurity. :/

I...dont think that will happen because:

1) Sonikku has had no big imput for over 2 years (right?) now.
2) Go take a look at the mod, SASRB2, its a mod of SRB2 with tons of Sonic Adventure stuff in it. I think Blazehedgehog is working on it, i believe.

Kinda! Obviously the SASRB2 I have on my site doesn't work in 1.09, but thanks to JTE, it's up to date now. I was, however, reccomended to wait until the forthcoming patch before releasing what I have.

SASRB2 will likely not be completed to the capacity I originally wanted. I will release what I have done, will try to get an adventure field up and working, throw in the deathmatch maps I've made and likely call it a day. One day I probably go back and pick it up again, but there will be no more "demos". Next SASRB2 release is everything I've done on the project.

BlazeHedgehog said:
Kinda! Obviously the SASRB2 I have on my site doesn't work in 1.09, but thanks to JTE, it's up to date now. I was, however, reccomended to wait until the forthcoming patch before releasing what I have.

SASRB2 will likely not be completed to the capacity I originally wanted. I will release what I have done, will try to get an adventure field up and working, throw in the deathmatch maps I've made and likely call it a day. One day I probably go back and pick it up again, but there will be no more "demos". Next SASRB2 release is everything I've done on the project.

So in other words,
Yet another abandoned Mod?

Not abandoned. SASRB2 originally was just a header hack. It forced regular SRB2 into Adventure Mode. I planned on expanding it a little bit, and it got too big for me to logically do when I have so many other projects to work on.

I cannot do singleplayer maps. Even with the SOC editor, I do not understand all of SOC editing (hence why I had JTE help with getting SRB2 ready for 1.09).

What you ARE getting: GFZ, THZ and CEZ edited to make them "different". Different secrets, and altered layouts to take better advantage of new graphics and the SA mode gameplay. You are also getting a fully functional and absolutely HUGE adventure field. There will also be a custom SASRB2 launcher that will allow you to overlay SASRB2 features in virtually any mod. To complete the plot, I will try to do an ending cutscene and the final boss map. I will also plan ahead and the SASRB2 soc will enable adventure mode on every SRB2 singleplayer map, present and future.

What you AREN'T getting: The extra two or three singleplayer maps. Nor are you getting new special stages. The Super Sonic map that would preceed the final boss map will also be missing, because, let's face it - if I can't map singleplayer maps, what hopes do I have at doing a NiGHTS map?

So, in reality, what you will be recieving is something that's 75% complete. I have asked Mystic to help me with the singleplayer maps, but he'd rather focus on his projects - perfectly understandable.

Yeah, sorry about the patch taking awhile... I've been working on my Halloween costume. I'm almost done, though.

On the patch, or the Halloween costume?

Because, honestly, I'm somewhat more interested in the Halloween costume.

Oh yeah, Halloween...
I won't be in my body for any of the day or night, so what I wear won't really matter ... ... ... A lot of things are easier to do on Halloween and full moons and meteor showers, you know. All the energy going around is enough to blow up half the world! :o

Shadow Hog said:
On the patch, or the Halloween costume?

Because, honestly, I'm somewhat more interested in the Halloween costume.

Halloween costume.

You can keep track of the patch progress by looking at stuff that is made bold in the bug report topic.

The closest I can give you to a solid release date is, "An indeterminate amount of time after the SRB2 patch is released". I have to tight deadlines coming up for projects of mine (Halloween and Nov 15th). After those are out of the way, maybe I'll see what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back