Should Super Forms be in Single Player/Coop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't think they're cool? Then why do you want them?

That's not what I meant... I meant that's not the main point of having super forms <_>

That's their fault for collecting them and expecting to do anything with it then.

*coughsupersoniccough*

Uh, that point has been brought a million times by now, whether or not somebody said it in that exact way.

title-yoozer.png

Oh, my mistake

Sonic still has it the hardest with finishing the levels.

So what? There's also some addon characters which have the same difficulties as Sonic in the levels, like Shadow characters or even worse, character with no ability (I guess there's only Chrispy and Dr. Pepper's Sally, that's as far as I remember)

Yeah, let's just add a ton of game-breaking stuff then, because it's single player and nobody cares what you do. Let's just remove all the challenge, except that it's the thing that makes people play a game in the first place.

Facepalm_robotnik_by_Dr_Baconman.png

You misunderstood, gentleman

What is this game called again? Sonic Robo Blast 2? Ring a bell. Complaining about having to see Sonic everywhere in a Sonic game doesn't make much sense. And honestly, I don't get what's so annoying about the fact that everyone chooses the same character.

Wait, I didn't say it doesn't makes sense :V

The annoying thing is that it makes the other characters behind, like, no one caring about them, and the way you're talking, you make Sonic sound like the ONLY character in the game, Tails and Knuckles are also important, if they weren't they wouldn't even be made into the game

And I play as Tails most of times

Then don't collect them. Also, there is this unlockable for which you need all emeralds. It's very convenient to do that with Tails/Knuckles if you can't pull it off with Sonic.

You mean the SRB1 remake and that emblem? That's not and shouldn't be the only point for the emeralds >:C

So what? Let them have their fun.

K, and how about having fun with other super characters?

Counter-question: Why should the devs spend their time on implementing that? Is it worth it?

facepalm.jpg

IMO, it is, and it's not even that time wasting

And besides, who wanted super forms for the "because they're cool" reason? like, what are ya talking 'bout?
Talking about the fact that nobody ever gives any reason other than "it's cool", "the classics did it", and "because Sonic can be Super, so should everyone else!"

Yet most of Coop players do that, so what's your point?
Who said I agree with the fact that you can change your skin whenever the fuck you want and destroy game balance in online play?

lolwut, Super Tails may be game breaking in S3&K, but this is not S3&K
Tails is cheap enough in single player levels.
Explain to me how taking away his weakness (lack of speed) and adding invincibility and more flight time isn't game-breaking?

But I admit his super ability (match/ctf) is cheap as fuck >:I
I don't see where the idea that Super forms are overpowered comes from, when a Scatter Ring can devastate if you can aim it right.

I don't remember anyone saying that, maybe it's just me or this doesn't makes sense :I
I've said that on more than one occasion.

Again, the point of topic wasn't Super Tails and Super Knuckles, people still insist them :/
What do you think is taking over the thread?

Since it's coop, the players teamwork to get the rings, so it's not that hard if they do it right, some
Refer to my other statement about multiplayer destroying game balance.

And if it's single player, who cares? You're playing alone, do whatever you want >:C
Sarcastic or not, it's a terrible point.

I can, because those coop assholes always change to Sonic to go Super and everything you see is SONICS EVERYWHERE, I really would like to see something else than just the exact same yellow flying jumpy balls
Personal and irrational little nitpicks aren't a good reason.

Match/CTF has emeralds and ANYONE can go super, that happens because it would be pointless getting the emeralds there if the character can't go super, but it's also kinda pointless getting the emeralds with anyone but Sonic, some people, as these nuckas say, use Tails/Knuckles in special stages then switch to Sonic to go Super high, what's so wrong with having other super characters optionally?
Do you not understand what "game balance" is? Tails and Knuckles would be even more useless (compared to Sonic) if they weren't able to go Super in Match.

<nonsense about abilities>
You really don't understand what the entire character reformation was about, do you?

Also:
The single player campaign is designed for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Stop dragging fanmade content into the subject, because the levels aren't designed for them in the first place.

Last edited:
That's not what I meant... I meant that's not the main point of having super forms <_>
So what's the main point of having super forms again? So that not everybody turns to Sonic to go Super?

*coughsupersoniccough*
I fail to see your point.

So what? There's also some addon characters which have the same difficulties as Sonic in the levels, like Shadow characters or even worse, character with no ability (I guess there's only Chrispy and Dr. Pepper's Sally, that's as far as I remember)
And? That doesn't make it any easier for Sonic, does it?

You misunderstood, gentleman
I understood you perfectly fine, I just exaggerated on purpose.

Wait, I didn't say it doesn't makes sense :V
Yeah, I did.

The annoying thing is that it makes the other characters behind, like, no one caring about them, and the way you're talking, you make Sonic sound like the ONLY character in the game, Tails and Knuckles are also important, if they weren't they wouldn't even be made into the game
I don't see how it makes the other characters "behind". You know, in my opinion it doesn't even make any sense to switch to Sonic just to become Super. Tails is still better than Super Sonic in Single Player and Coop. People just switch to Sonic because they think "hurr super how awesome i must become super sonic", not because they get any advantage out of it.

And I play as Tails most of times
So? Do you turn Sonic to go Super?

You mean the SRB1 remake and that emblem? That's not and shouldn't be the only point for the emeralds >:C
Disregarding the fact that I disagree, there is also the additional bonus of Super Sonic transformation as Sonic.

K, and how about having fun with other super characters?
Uh, play Match.

IMO, it is, and it's not even that time wasting
What would you rather have: A finished single player campaign or an incomplete one where everyone can go super?

By the way, nice images you have there. I chose to ignore them.

Talking about the fact that nobody ever gives any reason other than "it's cool", "the classics did it", and "because Sonic can be Super, so should everyone else!"

That doesn't means there isn't other reasons for super forms, I prefer to not mention those :I

Who said I agree with the fact that you can change your skin whenever the fuck you want and destroy game balance in online play?

Who said that?

Okay, enough of bullshit with quoting, I'm most likely saying the same shit over and over because a few dudes can't understand what I say and they defend super forms in match but think super forms in coop it's a problem, this got cliche in this topic already, there's always someone to say "SONIC CANT FLY, SO HE DESERVES A SUPER FORM", enough of this cow crap already, I can't take it anymore, most of things these guys are posting are OPINIONS, can someone explain me what's so wrong with other super forms without mentioning "OVERPOWERED" since this already got posted over and over?

I admit they can be overpowered in match, and as I said, I hate that, and I really want something that can give the super form a disadvantage compared to Super Sonic since everything I see is about defending Super Sonic

What would you rather have: A finished single player campaign or an incomplete one where everyone can go super?

By the way, nice images you have there. I chose to ignore them.

Sorry, I don't get it, I'm stupid as that :/

Thanks for posting something unnecessary about what another person posted, next time save those things for yourself, that's not cool (besides, facepalm without facepalm pic is unfunny, and I'm also a Boxer Hockey fan)

Okay, enough of bullshit with quoting, I'm most likely saying the same shit over and over because a few dudes can't understand what I say and they defend super forms in match but think super forms in coop it's a problem, this got cliche in this topic already, there's always someone to say "SONIC CANT FLY, SO HE DESERVES A SUPER FORM", enough of this cow crap already, I can't take it anymore, most of things these guys are posting are OPINIONS, can someone explain me what's so wrong with other super forms without mentioning "OVERPOWERED" since this already got posted over and over?
what the hell
You do NOT understand what game balance really is. The reason why Tails and Knuckles can't become Super already is to help preserve that, and the same idea is kept for custom characters. How many times do I have to explain that?

I admit they can be overpowered in match, and as I said, I hate that, and I really want something that can give the super form a disadvantage compared to Super Sonic since everything I see is about defending Super Sonic
They aren't overpowered if the other players can prevent one person from achieving it. It's very rare and harder to use than you'd think.

Thanks for posting something unnecessary about what another person posted, next time save those things for yourself, that's not cool (besides, facepalm without facepalm pic is unfunny, and I'm also a Boxer Hockey fan)
Hey, you're the one posting needless images, right?

what the hell
You do NOT understand what game balance really is. The reason why Tails and Knuckles can't become Super already is to help preserve that, and the same idea is kept for custom characters. How many times do I have to explain that?

Why do you think this have been suggested as a cheat? And why do you think I've suggested a super form disadvantage compared to Super Sonic?

Hey, you're the one posting needless images, right?

What SpiritCrusher said still wasn't cool

Why do you think this have been suggested as a cheat?
Because it's still breaking the character balance?

And why do you think I've suggested a super form disadvantage compared to Super Sonic?
How could you really "nerf" the Super form other than making it a bit slower (which doesn't matter), making them jump normal or not much higher (which doesn't matter that much), or not enabling the floating?

What SpiritCrusher said still wasn't cool
And neither were your pictures.

Yeah, just noticed that this topic isn't about Super Tails/Super Knuckles. Its about custom characters.

Why shouldn't a custom character get it? Hinote is like Sonic with a slower thok. Which is actually a disadvantage if you are really good with Sonic. And no, you can't say Sonic is special so Hinote can't get a super form.

But then, here is a problem.
Can't people make Super Tails or Super Knuckles? Well, I got an answer. You modify the game when you add a wad. So adding Super Tails will hinder your progress of unlocking content.(To make the people that are getting upset over it happy) You still have to play as normal characters to unlock certain stuff.

Because it's still breaking the character balance?

And that's why I suggested it as a cheat

Besides, since you're saying it breaks the balance of the character, then it also breaks the character's balance in match :I

How could you really "nerf" the Super form other than making it a bit slower (which doesn't matter), making them jump normal or not much higher (which doesn't matter that much), or not enabling the floating?

Doesn't that changes the character enough already?

And neither were your pictures.

It's not my fault that he posted that stuff :I

And that's why I suggested it as a cheat
DEVMODE

Besides, since you're saying it breaks the balance of the character, then it also breaks the character's balance in match :I
Changing skins whenever breaks the entire point of different skins.

Doesn't that changes the character enough already?
I wouldn't say it's a good enough nerf for every single character out there to be able to turn Super.

It's not my fault that he posted that stuff :I
It's your fault for causing it.

Changing skins whenever breaks the entire point of different skins.

I wouldn't say it's a good enough nerf for every single character out there to be able to turn Super.

uh, whaddyamean and wutsurpoint

It's your fault for causing it.

No shit

well, im sorry

Why shouldn't a custom character get it? Hinote is like Sonic with a slower thok. Which is actually a disadvantage if you are really good with Sonic. And no, you can't say Sonic is special so Hinote can't get a super form.

Hey, Hinote is a pretty nice sample of a character with disadvantage compared to Sonic :3

Why is game balance such an important aspect but it's so hard for you to understand?

"hey look guys i found one exception lets allow any random idiot to make characters overpowered as fuck"

And you still expect me to don't facepalm?

As it's been said some times already, you're not forced go super, it should just be a cheat

And who asked overpowered characters? That word is overused pointlessly already

As it's been said some times already, you're not forced go super, it should just be a cheat
What's the point of that? Might as well bind God Mode to your keyboard if you're going to do that.

And who wanted overpowered characters?
The people that are wanting any random character with abilities that make Special Stages a piece of cake to get a reward that's been reserved only for Sonic, the one that genuinely deserves it?

What's the point of that? Might as well bind God Mode to your keyboard if you're going to do that.

The point is some variety of super characters instead of just Sonic, besides, not only S3&K had it as you insist on saying that, but the modern games also has other super characters (and as well lotsa transformations for sonic :V)

And there's a big difference between the sissy mode and super forms

And don't say super forms is for sissies, because you would be saying that playing as Super Sonic is for sissies too

The people that are wanting any random character with abilities that make Special Stages a piece of cake to get a reward that's been reserved only for Sonic, the one that genuinely deserves it?

My mistake, I misused the word "wanted", post edited

Anyone who strives for the chaos emeralds deserves it, of course Sonic deserves in Single Player, but Coop is another story, people some times use other characters that are easier to get the emeralds as you know, that means those people sucks, so adding a super forms cheat wouldn't change that, and besides, as you know, addons like Shadow and Hinote also have difficulties, and they don't get anything

And don't say super forms is for sissies, because you would be saying that playing as Super Sonic is for sissies too
It's not, because genuinely earning Super Sonic is a good thing, and cheating to get it isn't.

Anyone who strives for the chaos emeralds deserves it
no
Would a character with infinite flight deserve a Super Form because players put a little bit of effort?

of course Sonic deserves in Single Player, but Coop is another story, people some times use other characters that are easier to get the emeralds as you know, that means those people sucks, so adding a super forms cheat wouldn't change that, and besides, as you know, addons like Shadow and Hinote also have difficulties, and they don't get anything
Super Forms aren't allowed in custom characters because nobody had any idea as to how you could do it right at all, and ended up making all sorts of overpowered bullshit.
You can't name a few WADs that actually deserve it (not like much people even bother with character WADs in the first place) and expect that to change anything, especially when there's a large amount of people that don't make quality characters.

Would a character with infinite flight deserve a Super Form because players put a little bit of effort?

Anyone who strives for the chaos emeralds deserves it

Hopefully you understand what "strive" means

(not like much people even bother with character WADs in the first place)

HEY, there's still people who enjoys to play with character wads!

and expect that to change anything, especially when there's a large amount of people that don't make quality characters.

And there's still people who make good quality characters

Hell, since it's been suggested as a cheat, the cheat mode would be available here:

shiteo.png

And if you don't like servers with cheat mode, don't join it

Hopefully you understand what "strive" means
"to fight forcefully for"

HEY, there's still people who enjoys to play with character wads!
I never said nobody did.

And there's still people who make good quality characters
I never said people don't make good-quality characters. I said it's a rarity.

Hell, since it's been suggested as a cheat
By you.

And if you don't like servers with cheat mode, don't join it
I'll try using that logic.
"If you don't like how only Sonic can be Super, don't play the game."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back