Should I ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I use to have SRB2, but my computer broke and now I have to use my Grandma's computer. She doesnt like me downloading stuff on here. I wanted to know if you guys think I should ask.

Ask first. My computer has been broken down dozens of times... I had to use my moms. I downloaded some stuff for a game creator. The computer caught a viris, My Dad had to get a new hard drive for it, and they still don't know I downloaded anything... Which I find slightly comedic. Point is. You should ask before you download things. Cause if it catch's a viris you can say... IT WASEN'T ME!

Lol. SRB2 with a virus.

Grandma is an idiot. I'm sorry, but very few downloads are/contain viruses.

And there should be no need to worry if she has an antivirus that's kept up to date; even if something you downloaded WAS a virus, then the AV would pick it up and remove it.

Well, to be honest, I think you should decide for yourself. I'm pretty sure you would know better about your real life than we would. If you want my opinion on it at any rate:

"Hey grandma, I hope you don't mind if I download this game. Don't worry, this doesn't have any viruses, I already checked on my other computer. But yeah, I just thought I'd run that by you."

I can understand your situation. Once I got SRB2 installed on the new computer, I had to take it off of the computer at my aunt's place because we were no longer living there, and because she was afraid of spam, lesser speed, etc. Personally, I don't think it affects the Internet connection in any way, but it doesn't matter. It's at the family computer now.

It would be really nice if we could teach everyone the basic concept of trusted computing. Come on, now, it's not hard, and the least you could do is use this
trusted.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back