Shadow's memories are fake

Octavio

there is a theory (not mine) that says that shadow's memories are false, most of the theory uses the original dialogues, the japanese, here it goes: in a part of sa2, in gerald robotnik's diary it says that he managed to manipulate successfully shadow's memories and in a part rouge infiltrates a base and checks a computer that has information about shadow and is shocked, then tells him: do you think you're the real shadow?, all your memories can be false!, and shadow he replies that even if his memories are false it is the only thing he can hold on to.
have you heard the lyrics of supporting me?, when you fight against the biolizard, you will wonder: so maria was never in the ark?, no, she was but when shadow still didn't wake up, she did send shadow in the capsule but shadow never he was awake, the theory says it also says that after they killed maria gerald he went crazy and that's why he put those memories in shadow's mind so that he would take revenge on humanity, and also the conversation that sonic and rouge have, but remember: THIS IS JUST A THEORY

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Post automatically merged:

I did this with google traductor,so that's why there are many grammatical errors,sorry lmao

this is a theme i've picked up on in the games, but it confuses me. like what memories were implanted? maria's death is what set gerald off so she had to be real and she's who set shadow off as well.

Shadow's memories are real. The real question is whether Shadow's memories are his own, or if they were transplanted into him by GUN somehow. There's a theory that's been going around for a while that states that Sonic is actually the one who was on the ARK with Maria, and somehow forgot after arriving on Earth, with his memories being put in a new body that would later go on to become Shadow.

I don't really believe it though. The timeline doesn't add up, as Sonic himself is only a teenager, and definitely not over 50 years old. My best guess is that Shadows memories are both real and his own. He's Gerald's final version of the Ultimate Life Form, with the Biolizard being a prototype. It is for this reason that Shadow was able to defeat the Biolizard. He's a superior, finished version of the same thing.

Sonic is quite the mystery though. He's managed to equal and even surpass Shadow regularly since they first met, despite Shadow being the Ultimate Life Form. Combined with how little we actually know about who Sonic is and where he comes from, it raises a lot of questions.

It's possible that Shadow has partially fake and partially real memories,, but what I've been wondering is why they let the general live when the ARK was shut down. Maria died, why not the Commander? Why would the Commander be allowed to be the Commander? One could assume that G.U.N would closely monitor any surviving members of the colony, but perhaps the Commander was also a test subject, we get a reason as to why Maria is on the ARK and that's because of her terminal illness, but why would the Commander be on the A.R.K, him being a child at the time according to Shadow the Hedgehog. I'm thinking that he was tested on in some way, the Commander has heterochromia, this is when each eye is a different color. The Commander's model of him as a child from the game depicts him with the condition, he appears to have complete heterochromia, however, it appears to be benign as he was able to excel in the ranks of G.U.N, perhaps this condition did not inhibit his ability to engage in combat. Heterochromia can be caused by trauma, such as those inflicted by surgery or injury. If G.U.N performed some sort of surgery or test on the Commander to enhance his combat abilities, (Captain America super soldier kind of situation), then it's possible that this might have an effect on his eyes. It's a pretty far stretch, but hey, "that's just a theory, a game theory."

It's possible that Shadow has partially fake and partially real memories,, but what I've been wondering is why they let the general live when the ARK was shut down. Maria died, why not the Commander? Why would the Commander be allowed to be the Commander? One could assume that G.U.N would closely monitor any surviving members of the colony, but perhaps the Commander was also a test subject, we get a reason as to why Maria is on the ARK and that's because of her terminal illness, but why would the Commander be on the A.R.K, him being a child at the time according to Shadow the Hedgehog. I'm thinking that he was tested on in some way, the Commander has heterochromia, this is when each eye is a different color. The Commander's model of him as a child from the game depicts him with the condition, he appears to have complete heterochromia, however, it appears to be benign as he was able to excel in the ranks of G.U.N, perhaps this condition did not inhibit his ability to engage in combat. Heterochromia can be caused by trauma, such as those inflicted by surgery or injury. If G.U.N performed some sort of surgery or test on the Commander to enhance his combat abilities, (Captain America super soldier kind of situation), then it's possible that this might have an effect on his eyes. It's a pretty far stretch, but hey, "that's just a theory, a game theory."
Exactly,it's just a game theory

this is a theme i've picked up on in the games, but it confuses me. like what memories were implanted? maria's death is what set gerald off so she had to be real and she's who set shadow off as well.
The theory says that the memories that were implanted are the ones of shadow interacting with maria

I mean,maria is real but she never interacted with shadow because he wasn't awake

Like atomic ring said,this is just a theory, a game theory

Last edited:
Shadow's memories by the end of SA2 are real.
The theory of implanted memories revolves around his memories of Maria's final words prior to his fight with the Biolizard.
Also, I replied to this because of one thing: they didn't exactly kill everyone and anyone on the A.R.K, considering both Gerald and Commander wound up surviving. Remember that Maria got killed due to her trying to help Shadow get away. All deaths were likely results of misunderstandings or attempts to protect research, akin to... actual real events.

they didn't exactly kill everyone and anyone on the A.R.K, considering both Gerald and Commander wound up surviving. Remember that Maria got killed due to her trying to help Shadow get away. All deaths were likely results of misunderstandings or attempts to protect research, akin to... actual real events.
So what you're saying is this is no Black Mesa incident.

Here is the theory,is from a famous spanish sonic youtuber,and if you don't know spanish don't worry,just use the subtitles

my theory is that that shadow was the real one,and the one we have today (whose personality is entirely different from his sa2 counterpart is a fake
i mostly made this theory just to explain why shadow still seems to be alive,with a different personality AND having to through his arc again in his own game

my theory is that that shadow was the real one,and the one we have today (whose personality is entirely different from his sa2 counterpart is a fake
i mostly made this theory just to explain why shadow still seems to be alive,with a different personality AND having to through his arc again in his own game
Shadow's personality is different for a few reasons, both in-lore and in real life.

In lore, it's because he got amnesia after SA2, likely from hitting his head after crash landing from his fall through the atmosphere. He was eventually able to recover his memories, but by then he'd been through some new experiences as well. This shaped him into a different person than he was in SA2. People are largely defined by their memories, and the new experiences and things he learned about his past after getting amnesia re-contextualized his old memories once he got them back, allowing him to redefine himself and carve out a new path in life that he has chosen for himself.

In real life, it's because the writing staff has changed from time to time, and different writers have different creative interpretations of how Shadow should act.

Personally, I prefer his SA2 personality, I generally find his more recent interpretations to be "generic edgelord", and he's kinda just... "There" in everything he's included in after 06. That said I do still enjoy his inclusions, I just wish his plot involvement wasn't so hollow for once.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back