Progress:
Engine 48%
Stages 3%
Graphics 18%
Music 10%
Story 55%
Beta Download: SAGE 2010 (Possibly)

shadowviciousscreenshot.png

I've been working on this project for a long time now, I would say it's pretty polished and if I get the first stage done soon enough then ill enter it in SAGE. Yes this is my main project and I have decided to scrap Sonic 4 Remix.​

Add to that you have an extremely stubborn habit of completely ignoring criticism, a tendency to abandon previous projects at the drop of a hat and never finish a single one of them, and this strange delusion that anything you touch is gold simply because a bunch of retarded youtubers seem to like it, and well, it doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture.
Aaaaaaaand thank you for proving my point mere minutes after making it. I mean wow, I didn't think that was even possible.

So far, looks even more uninspired and bland than S4 Remix did. I mean, do you actually have level design beyond black and grey shapes with crates in them? It probably looks even worse in motion, though I'll let a video be the judge of that.

Aaaaaaaand thank you for proving my point mere minutes after making it. I mean wow, I didn't think that was even possible.

So far, looks even more uninspired and bland than S4 Remix did. I mean, do you actually have level design beyond black and grey shapes with crates in them? It probably looks even worse in motion, though I'll let a video be the judge of that.

Someone's never heared of a test stage.
What's your problem? If your not going to play nice, get out of my topics.

What's your problem? If your not going to play nice, get out of my topics.

What's yours? Your blatant ignoring of criticism is exactly why your projects never get anywhere good. It's not a matter of whether or not we're "playing nice" as much as it's the fact that you flat-out refuse to listen to anything that isn't mindless praise from idiotic Youtubers.
If you're not going to listen to any criticism on your game, don't post it at all. You'd save everyone the time and trouble and you'd keep yourself from worsening your image.

What's yours? Your blatant ignoring of criticism is exactly why your projects never get anywhere good. It's not a matter of whether or not we're "playing nice" as much as it's the fact that you flat-out refuse to listen to anything that isn't mindless praise from idiotic Youtubers.
If you're not going to listen to any criticism on your game, don't post it at all. You'd save everyone the time and trouble and you'd keep yourself from worsening your image.

I accept criticism, I don't accept this guy constantly bashing me. For the record, SNA is something I made in the beginning of 2009, I don't see how that effects on what I can do now, it's also ONE game, I have never released anything else.

Blacklightning does have a point, a prototype does little to prove the project will actually get out of the prototypical stage. What you should do now is make an actual level and see if the game is really fun to play. Quality Assurance, folks.

Rating your progress in percentages does little to boost the chances as well, because you never know what's going to turn up in your plans while you're in the development phase. An idea for one level might sound good on paper but end up being terrible in practice, and for the better quality of the game you'd have to rework or scrap the level entirely.

EDIT: On the scrapping note, this is why few successful projects show themselves before they actually have finished content to show, from hobbyist to independent all the way to big-time corporate development. To the vast majority of audiences, a prototype is mostly uninteresting to see in a blog post -- people want to see a full level, like in the Diablo III gameplay video Blizz released a year or two back; the game is hardly finished, but they compiled some work together to throw in to a press release to gather hype.

Last edited:
I currently am in the middle of making the first stage, making the stage music and planning the design. I'm thinking of calling it "District Edge" since it's a part of the city that's been terribly damaged.

Ill post some concept art soon.

"you might be taken seriously by someone who actually has half a brain" is an insult.

That's because you're taking it as one.
Most people that praise your projects don't seem to know what they're talking about, and a wide majority of those people are generic, idiotic Youtubers or little kids with very low standards.

That's because you're taking it as one.
Most people that praise your projects don't seem to know what they're talking about, and a wide majority of those people are generic, idiotic Youtubers or little kids with very low standards.

Projects? I think you mean "Project" that is very old and yes I don't think it was good either and I overall wanted to cancel it so I did, I really don't get why your holding this over my head. Let it go.

Projects? I think you mean "Project" that is very old and yes I don't think it was good either and I overall wanted to cancel it so I did, I really don't get why your holding this over my head. Let it go.

You're missing the point.
Why start a project if you're just going to cancel it very quickly? Especially when all of your projects are practically the same thing? It makes no sense.

You're missing the point.
Why start a project if you're just going to cancel it very quickly? Especially when all of your projects are practically the same thing? It makes no sense.

I cancelled Sonic 4 Remix because I lost everything in a HD crash, I backed it up on my USB but the file was corrupt.

This is a project I have been working on for a long time and very hard on. Can we just drop this and discuss Shadow Vicious? I will be showing a lot of stuff very soon. Ill be showing an engine test video on Youtube to show off my engine's capability.

BP, enough with your snarky comments.

Ill be showing an engine test video on Youtube to show off my engine's capability.
I'll watch it and judge it. Hopefully, it'll be pretty exciting.
Edit: Red bar = Health.. blue =?

I see lots of bullshit flying around here.

Let's all stop the bullshit-flinging and fighting before infractions are flung around instead, alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back