• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Shade The Echidna and Marauder Scout

Status
Not open for further replies.
SparkTheHedgehog said:
Chisuun said:
Donovan the hedgehog said:
Why are people joining the SRB2 community just to attempt making remakes of Sonic Team and SEGA!?!?! This is horror!

*cough*noobs with*cough*no originality*cough*
*cough*sonicrpgwasmadebybioware*cough*immakingadifferentrojinmodanyway*cough*
Fixed for teh lulz *snipered*

SparkTheHedgehog said:
Yeesh...I don't understand. I should just give up wadding while I can since all I get is negative feedback...

...geez, there's optimistic thinking for you.
You're spriting skills aren't bad, I suggested early making Wads of those characters (kill me for not having played Sonic Chronicles yet) on the first page.

Sorry... I know this sounds stupid but I felt like I was being attacked. Anyway when I get on my comp I'll fix up the Marauder Sprites.

That I agree with. Although I have no interest in the Sonic Chronicles as a whole, the Shade character did grab my attention.
And if I may make a suggestion, you have one version with a helmet and one without. They did something similar in the first Metriod game, only Samus was...well...I think most people already know.

Alright then, Shade The Echidna has been added to the WIP list! Her eyes are a bit more rounded though...

Re: Srb2 Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (canceled...*sniff

SparkTheHedgehog said:

Oh so Shade is an echidna? I saw a Shade-the-echidna in a DeviantArt but wasn't sure that it wasn't just a fan-made version of an official character. That's pretty neat, that explains the emphasis on echinda culture, I'm willing to bet that the Dark Brotherhood are echidnas in exile too. If that's a fact, its much better than the alien thing that was publicized beforehand. Is that the main spoiler of the game or are there other bigger ones? I want to know so I don't have to worry about postponing the story indefinitely if that's the only real surprise.

The sprites could use some work, just a little bit of cleaning up for the most part so things don't look jumbled. I would recommend working on one sprite at a time. It lightens the load and allows you to concentrate solely on getting one to look good. The Marauder looks the best out of those so far, so I'd recommend going to that and refining the shape before trying to make progress with Shade and whats-his-name at the same time. After you have the shape established you can work with the shading.

I don't think the hard part is getting one sprite looking good, its getting them to look consistently good. I think if you work at it, it wouldn't be too hard to get the look right for one of them, then you can use that for reference for the rest.

Re: Srb2 Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood (canceled...*sniff

JEV3 said:
Oh so Shade is an echidna?

Yeah. Knuckles was pretty shocked when he found out that all the Maruaders were- *shot for spoiler*
He thought he was the last of his kind

Well, I'm back on my computer so I can work on the sprites. Thank you, the guys that said it was good and could use some work instead of just saying that I should give up on it. I'll take JEV3's advice and make one sprite at a time, and re design the marauder scout.

Offtopic, sorta: If you want spiolers on the game PM me!
EDIT: I fixed up the shade sprite a little bit:

EDIT:: MarauderScout, and better than EVAH!

shdea1en5.png
Add some shading and clean up the shoes

Also, spoilers should be encrypted using ROT-13
rot13

/rot ther'teen/ [Usenet: from "rotate alphabet 13 places"], v. The simple Caesar-cypher encryption that replaces each English letter with the one 13 places forward or back along the alphabet, so that "The butler did it!" becomes "Gur ohgyre qvq vg!" Most Usenet news reading and posting programs include a rot13 feature. It is used to enclose the text in a sealed wrapper that the reader must choose to open - e.g. for posting things that might offend some readers, or spoilers. A major advantage of rot13 over rot(N) for other N is that it is self-inverse, so the same code can be used for encoding and decoding.

From Jargon File

@ zeldergamer00: Thanks for the advice. I thought so too. I'm currently working on the PLAYA2A8 image for shade, I'll be sure to clean up the shoes.
EDIT: I've got the PLAYA2A8 image for shade:

SparkTheHedgehog said:
EDIT:: MarauderScout, and better than EVAH!

The jet blue makes it hard to contrast, at least until you implement some shading I suggest using a lighter color.

Also does Shade wear purple in the game? because all the promotional art uses gray with white/pink highlights.

Well, mind me give you a suggestion for storyline since this is a mod? Might as well help a beginner....

But you'll have to wait for my input... I have to get familiar with the character's motivations (just Shade and the Marauders'... I know Sonic's motivations well....) and come up with a good plot centering itself in both old locations and some interesting new locations.... (Maybe expand upon the Twilight Cage while I'm at it? Sounds like my kind of fun....)
Since the Zoah are apparently echidnas though, I think I can center a good plot onto the game. Maybe.... It'll be difficult though as I want to find a reason for them to fight against the main villain in this mod.

SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Well, mind me give you a suggestion for storyline since this is a mod? Might as well help a beginner....

But you'll have to wait for my input... I have to get familiar with the character's motivations (just Shade and the Marauders'... I know Sonic's motivations well....) and come up with a good plot centering itself in both old locations and some interesting new locations.... (Maybe expand upon the Twilight Cage while I'm at it? Sounds like my kind of fun....)
Since the Zoah are apparently echidnas though, I think I can center a good plot onto the game. Maybe.... It'll be difficult though as I want to find a reason for them to fight against the main villain in this mod.
Uh... the zoah are aliens of the twilight cage. The nocturnus are the main villians. Thanks for the advice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back