Several Editing Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeFan1

I'm working on several things at once right now, and have several questions for you more experienced editors again.

1. With the textures ERZWIN and ERZWIN2 (and for that matter any texture that contains or is a window.) How do you make the window see-through? I put ERZWIN onto a level to see that the "window" segment of the texture is just a solid light blue, with nothing visible outside.

2. The enemy "turret"- is there any way to make it so these can't be heard from other rooms? I don't want people to panic when they hear the rapidfire sound of a turret, when in truth they are in an adjacent room.
(If this can't be helped, that's fine, I took care of it on this level by making the room with the turret further from all other major rooms.

3. This room right here in Castle Eggman Act 2.

That swinging chain does not seem to be a "thing" on the things list. So... what exactly is it, and more importantly, can I make something that acts like it but looks like a vine?

Ok that's it.

1. With the textures ERZWIN and ERZWIN2 (and for that matter any texture that contains or is a window.) How do you make the window see-through? I put ERZWIN onto a level to see that the "window" segment of the texture is just a solid light blue, with nothing visible outside.

To do this, create a control sector outside the map (like an FOF). Now place the texture of your choice in one of the lines of the sector . Then put linedef action 102 and the tag of your sector . after having done so, just adjust the size(floor and ceiling) and test to see it.

Transparent textures can only be done with unpegged Middle Textures.
Translucency (with most textures) is done with translucent FOFs.

For turrets: The "Block Monsters" Linedef prevents enemies from seeing you if that Line is between you and them. Put that on the walls that border the room you roam in (as in, the square room in THZ2 that you run around in, for example) so it won't detect you if you're outside of it.
For Chains: Read this: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Linedef_Type_9. You can replace the chain sprites, but seeing as each link uses the same sprite, making it appear to be a vine will be very messy and ugly-looking. I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks.

That should take care of the turrets. As for the swinging vine idea, I should probably scrap that, but thanks for the info regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back