Sever Options on SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, type correctly. Second, type /dns <nick>. It'll give you the IP.

Use the "Join Game (Search)" menu to search for running netgames.

To find your own IP address, you can go to whatismyip.com. Note that in order to host SRB2 Netgames, you must have port UDP 5029 open. Otherwise, no one will be able to join.

Well, how else would he set up a netgame? Other than using the MS, of course, but still.

I can not host

FuriousFox said:

To find your own IP address, you can go to whatismyip.com. Note that in order to host SRB2 Netgames, you must have port UDP 5029 open. Otherwise, no one will be able to join.

I went to www.portforward.com, clicked on my microsoft router, now what game do I select? There's no Doom 2 or Doom or SRB2...

EDIT: Nvm, got it now! ^.^

FuriousFox said:

And how would one go about opening that port?

To forward ports on your router:

http://192.168.1.1/

If you get a screen that asks for a username and password, usually admin will work in both fields. If not, then ask whoever runs your network. After you go there, find the port forwarding page and forward the ports to your computer's IP.

To open ports on your firewall, you will have to open your firewall software and allow the port or the program to access the internet. I'm not sure about hardware firewalls because I've never used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back