Server pack thing or something idk

Nasii06

marine gaming
If I got a bunch of mods, put them in a wad for my server, and used if publicly, would that bypass the Reusable tag?

Attachments

• LIST.txt
    1,003 bytes · Views: 55
If I got a bunch of mods, put them in a wad for my server, and used if publicly, would that bypass the Reusable tag?
This is strictly forbidden under new rules, regardless of reusablity, to prevent redownloading stuff if it's public.
Even then, any non-reusable stuff would instantly mark you down. Solely reusable stuff is fine.

Uh, definitely not, assuming you're hosting on our Master Server. Check the rules section on ms.srb2.org for more info.

The TL;DR is that we don't allow repacks on the MS because it FORCES people to download the file, even though they may already have each mod included in it. It's silly and a total waste of time for everyone involved.

You'd be better off writing a list of commands that add each file, saving it as a .txt, and running the exec command with the name of the list file.

Uh, definitely not, assuming you're hosting on our Master Server. Check the rules section on ms.srb2.org for more info.

The TL;DR is that we don't allow repacks on the MS because it FORCES people to download the file, even though they may already have each mod included in it. It's silly and a total waste of time for everyone involved.

You'd be better off writing a list of commands that add each file, saving it as a .txt, and running the exec command with the name of the list file.
I been trying that but it doesnt actually add every mod
example: "Errors occurred while loading L_SetEmeralds_v1.0.1.lua; not added"

Okay, then check the log file to see what exactly the error is. You can also try adding the files in a different order.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back