Sega is betraying their own rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit Dragon

GameN'WatchComms Co-Host
I was playing Sonic Unleashed when I noticed "Why isn't the ring count going down?" After I played it I noticed every game after Sonic Unleashed ring count dosen't go down ethier. Do you think Sega is betraying their own rules?

If you mean that if you get hit, it doesn't go back to 0. You are correct.
Edit: Oh, that does happen in the Wii version. :/

Your ring count does deplete in the Wii version, just more slowly (I'd estimate maybe a ring for every five seconds).

This really isn't something to make a big deal about, anyway.

Last edited:
I mean what happened to good old Sonic that everyone loved. Where things were fun and colorful. Please don't say my basement.

Okay. "Compilations".

If we ever get good ports of Sonic 3 and Knuckles and Sonic CD on one DS cartridge, I'll be euphoric. Once that's accomplished, the franchise can complete it's long self-destruction, for all I care.

Last edited:
I mean what happened to good old Sonic that everyone loved. Where things were fun and colorful. Please don't say my basement.
A single game (only one version of two versions, mind you) alters the Super Sonic principle in a level, therefore the series is shot.

Not that Sonic has been doing all that great anyway, I'm just not sure how you're getting to that point.

Do you think Sega is betraying their own rules?

It isn´t even a rule, it is just like a little manual, and noone ever follows manuals.

It is not big deal, you still drop rings, rings still keep you alive, every 100 rings you get a live, rings are still placed in linear patterns. Having your ring meter to go down slower won´t make any noticeable difference, really.

I can feel the pure, concentrated butthurt emanating from Blaze's post. But +1 regardless for Giant Bomb. If SEGA stuck the the "lose all of your rings" tradition, I'm sure the game would be about 50% less fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back