scr_tailsadventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the moment, this is called "Tails Adventure." It'll probably be renamed something else later.

Anyway, this is a preview of a mod I've been working on for the past few days. Zones include:

Lazy Sands Beach,
Valley Way,
Sky Palace.

And, yes, there will be more. LOTS more. Tell me what you think about it, cause Im not very good at Coop.

Metal Sonic sprites are credited to: CZ64.

Download link!:http://www.sendspace.com/file/k6yd80

Screenies (not very good):

Now, for those using OpenGL, ther WILL be some redwall, since I don't test in OpenGl (or, for that matter, use it).

Thank you! Tell me whether it's good or not.

Some of the stuff you need to do:

1. Parts of your levels were too cramped/maze-like. Your first map in particular. Just note that overall, cramped levels fail.
2. Other parts of levels were too wide and open. Since you are forceskinned as Tails, there was a lot of tedious running that shouldn't have been necessary. Do something with the empty spaces.
3. Check your maps for missing textures as I found a couple.
4. The boss was cheaply overpowered.

Overall, you may need this link to help you with solving 1-2,4 of these problems:

Level Design 101

And as On Edge said, this probably should have been placed in editing.

I would also like to add that things like tokens, emblems, and lives, shouldn't just be out in the open. You need to atleast come up with some way of hiding them.
Edit: I also want to say, you shouldn't spawn stuff in the air. Your second zone and fith zone are examples. Also, when you are fighting metal sonic, a green Sonic is spawned in the air, and occasionally, a second one.

What he said. Since I'm horrible with doom builder (I messed up the tutorial...) I don't design levels (although I do have ideas... Like a carnival of terror...) I can't sprite so I don't do characters... I may be able to soc but the Soc edit I have glitches everytime I open a soc.

I just play. You don't have to make wads.

TJ said:

WORST ADVICE EVER

You're basically telling people they can come here to download and play wads, and they don't have to make any them selves. Although this is technically true, why the hell would you say that? It's not a particularly good thing, you know...

Segmint said:
TJ said:

WORST ADVICE EVER

You're basically telling people they can come here to download and play wads, and they don't have to make any them selves. Although this is technically true, why the hell would you say that? It's not a particularly good thing, you know...

...So that means I"m in deep trouble right now because I don't make wads?

I said you don't have to not that you shouldn't...

I see wad making as a hobby or a way to have fun really...

Or does it seem like if you're not good at it at first you should quit and not try again and get better instead... If it looked like that I'm sorry.

Extract the source? Yeah... okay, although I thought I could of had the potentional of making socs... Since I can't even set the thing up I'm just going to treat the soc making section as something I could never do.

Man... I really wanted to make stuff too...

Is that an insult through sarcasm? It's impossible to tell since you're typing.
I don't know what you mean by extract the source since I don't know anything about that. Unless you lack a live and will give me a full detailed tutorial. Which I'm sure you have a live outside of this and even if you did no one has the time to give me a tuorial.

Double Click the EXE

That was the tutorial. By the by, yes, I do have a life* (with which you kept using the wrong tense of the word).

Well, I can't say I'm going to go through every single level in detail, but I think I've found some of your problems.

Firstly, your secrets. You seemed to be spending too much time off on the side for some of them, when you could've been giving attention to the main path. On the other extreme, you practically put the secret out in the open, not hard to get at all.

Second, your force character. While I understand that you're specifically building a gosh darned Tails' adventure, you've got a few problems. I mean, if you're going to force me onto Knux, you'd better be building your levels with lots to climb on and some really explorable areas. In this case, you're forcing me to be Tails. This isn't bad, but I'm expecting less springs, and more open areas. Tails does not belong in a tiny cave. He doesn't belong on a long flat stretch of land, either. The third zone was definately a step in the right direction, though some parts still needed work.

On a more technical note, I couldn't seem to find a way to exit Zone 2 Act 1. Also, the last spring in Zone 3 Act 1 sent me to a pit that didn't kill me, though there wasn't any way to get back up. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back