saving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm adding some characters to my copy of SRB2. But then I close the game and all the extra characters (Senya, Tails Doll, Shadow, ect.) are deleted. Is it possible to save the changes I make?

No. But there is a way you can automatically add the characters when SRB2 starts.

Make a text file, and enter the following into it:

addfile (name of the wad you want to add)
addfile (name of another wad you want to add)
addfile (name of yet another wad you may wish to add)

Rename this file "autoexec.cfg". This is a script that will automatically run when SRB2 starts.

However, it will prevent you from joining netgames, since you cannot join netgames with wads loaded.

So, if you netgame frequently, name the file something else. Anything you want. AddWads.txt, Wadstoadd.cfg, or even Clowncar.lol. It doesn't really matter. But make it easy to remember.
Then, you can add all of your wads at your whim by opening the console ('~' key. It's to the left of your '1' key) and typing "exec AddWads.txt", or whatever else you named your script file.

Hope that helps.

It is called a wad because wadfiles are actually comprised of several files inside a single file. Much like a zip file.
Individual files in a wad are called lumps.
If you opened a character wad in XWE (which is a lump editor for wads) for example, you would find 200+ frames for each of the characters poses and directions.
Several characters and maps can actually be contained within a single wadfile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back