SatSR SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it would be interesting to have some sort of SatSR gameplay?
Of course, it'll never happen, but, wouldn't it be cool?

EDIT: I should also add that you should explain WHY it is or isn't a good idea.

I'll tell you why I don't like it: because adding useless game modes to the game just sucks away time from making the actual game itself finished - and that's time that'd be far better spent doing just that.

As I said before, some of the levels were absolutely lovely, and could work in SRB2 if done right.

However, that's ALL we need from SatSR...
Okay, maybe the fire breathing genies, but that's it.

Uhh, that's too many tags, as well as awfully disturbing when going backwards.

Because we're better than that, of course.

No, I think the levels are a great idea. It'd be even greater to mimic the whole levels, having to jump traps, hit and run enemies, and dodge pitfalls below, much like in SatSR itself. Better Idea than most anyway.

BlueZero4 said:
Uhh, that's too many tags, as well as awfully disturbing when going backwards.

Because we're better than that, of course.

But SRB2 is supposed to emulate the classics. Just deal with the tags, it really isn't a lot. If SRB2 were to take in only one modern game's aspects and gameplay, it would go against SRB2 stands for (the classics).

Yes, but nowadays, SA is considered a classic. Not as classic as the first three Sonic games (disregarding the GameGear versions), but still classic.

Now if some forum member were to take this little idea and make an exe mod out of it, would you consider downloading it? (hypothetically of course.)

No, I wouldn't.
Segmin said:
Just deal with the tags, it really isn't a lot.
We both know that I'm not going to use over nine thousand tags just because my levels curves a lot. :/

BlueZero4 said:
No, I wouldn't.
Segmin said:
Just deal with the tags, it really isn't a lot.
We both know that I'm not going to use over nine thousand tags just because my levels curves a lot. :/

Also, my name isn't Segmin. Also, it wouldn't be that much. Maybe over 500, if you're clever enough with them.

Oops, I accidentally deleted the first part of the BBCode and typed it in wrong. >,<

And it's still too much work, and I still won't, because we're still better than that.

You know why SatSR was made for Wii? Because it just wouldn't be as fun without the motion sensitive controls. It wouldn't feel the same. Unless you buy a motion sensitive keyboard (WTF?!), I don't see this as being a terribly interesting idea.

Based on the style might be ok, but I don't know really cause I haven't even seen much more than a few screenies of the game. However SRB2 has several things that make remakes of newer game levels hard/impossible:

Limited 3d Model Support
256 Colors
Functions worked with sectors
Limited FoF Support (well compared to what the newer games have that is)
Limited Enemy Abilities

However all of these things are also what makes SRB2 in my humble opinion such a great game. Sprite-based environments have their own simple charm. They aren't extremely complex but they can still contribute to the gameplay and limited eye-candy. Especially for a platforming game, it gives more focus on the gameplay. Also, I tried making a sprite for Sonic using 'Millions of Colors' mode, and comparing it to other ones, it looked a little gritty and messy. 256 colors only really adds the important shades and keeps it simple. If you are going to have a sprite based environment then I personally think it is better to have only 256 colors.

As for the last one, sure we can soc the enemies to do more interesting things, but they still mainly just chase and shoot you. You will not be able to get the complex features of some of the later enemies without doing some coding or advanced soccing.

JEV3 said:
Limited Enemy Abilities

As for the last one, sure we can soc the enemies to do more interesting things, but they still mainly just chase and shoot you. You will not be able to get the complex features of some of the later enemies without doing some coding or advanced soccing.

Like what?

JEV3 said:
Limited 3d Model Support
256 Colors
Functions worked with sectors
Limited FoF Support (well compared to what the newer games have that is)
Limited Enemy Abilities

-Supports MD2s up to 4096 polygons, but having a mode doesn't rely on the characters
-The game could easily suport 65536 colors (limited colors purposely), not to mention it actually uses several million shades for lighting (OpenGL), but the textures and characters are a different story
-A mode does not rely on slopes or structures that can only be made as 3D models
-Runs on the DOOM Legacy engine, also a mode doesn't rely on structures
-You can SOC new abilities, also code new abilities in C or C++, but a mode doesn't rely on enemies

Anyway, shouldn't this be in the suggestions discussion topic, or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back