MAP 01
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e7n8ha
MAP 02
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3mk31v

MAP 03
http://www.sendspace.com/file/dwlq7e
MAP 04
http://www.sendspace.com/file/688mlb

Kinda quiet in this part of the forums... So I decided to finish up the whole first level and start a water themed level(thok barriers, of course XD)

-In RCZ3, I went in a different direction with the end of the stage as you can see in the pictures. Instead of popping open the capsule, I have you exit the level in such a special way that it will have something to do with the entrance of the next level. I wanted to do something different from the normal, so I chose this particular style to distinguish my levels ;)

-The following level is the one I'm working on now, and its almost completed. I still have to rearrange the enemies/review the item placement/add some secret areas off the beaten path. Its the longest level I have made to date, so I hope you review it for me and enjoy! :)

screen shots:
Rush Canyon Zone 3

srb20007mg6.png

srb20008tl0.png

srb20009in9.png

Aquatic Labyrinth Zone 1
srb20011px5.png

srb20012ex3.png

srb20015ej2.png

I hate big picures... it makes me feel like I'm spamming >.>

Okay first, nice and long levels, just how I like them. This can easliy be turned into a mod if you plan to make more levels related with this. To me it seemed a little easy, but they are still good levels. I rate these 8.5/10.

OMG DEATH PIT

And something I hate about the DSZ textures is that they pretty much kill off your size of space. Work on your perspective a bit.

Finally! Some decent levels, very good, 9/10 for Rush Canyon 10/10 for Aquatic Labarinth. Way better than most of the levels I've seen.

Very creative levels. I can tell you put a lot of thought into them. However, there are a few things you need to work on.

First of all, I noticed that there's only one path through Aquatic Labyrinth. While this is exceptable, to a degree, and still playable, having more than one path through a level is better.

Also, I noticed your rings were kind of "sitting on the ground." All you have to do is add the deaf tag to them and they will start floating; it's generally considered more professional to have them floating in the air as apposed to not, so I would recommend it.

Those levels were amazing! I especially love long levels, and the Aquatic Labyrinth level made my day. Please make more of these whenever you can.

Thanks for the comments; I will be sure to work on the next level when I can. I was planning on compiling the levels, I just haven't figured out how to do that, yet. Anywho, Its still not finalized, so some things may be changed-I picked the textures that I did to give off that "long, forgotten ruins of an ancient civilization" feel. And I will try to make more deafed rings, although I don't want to overkill and have people jumping for every single ring :P

I don't have much of an idea what the next level will be based on, although I might just have it based on Robotnik's base that you ran into at the end of the stage. Poison and clean water may be used, but I really don't know yet.

on a side note: on Edge, I didn't know whether or not I had to create a new topic, so I'll just use one thread for now on. kthxbai :)

How to put the levels in the same WAD:
Open one of the levels in XWE.
Select the top lump in the bar to the left, then hold down shift while clicking on the last lump. Now press Ctrl+C. Now open the other WAD, and select the last lump, then press Ctrl+V. Now File->Save. The second WAD you used is now both of the WADs combined.

Done. I created another hidden path near the beginning of the stage, which should be indicated by some sign near a wall...thats all I will say ;) I hope you will enjoy this as much as I did making it.

I'll just use this thread for updating levels now, if that's alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back