Running the exe files

Status
Not open for further replies.

SsJMonkey

Every time I run the exe files fron JTE or srb2 riders on the net launcher people cant join, but if I just add the wad they can why is this?

Can someone tell me how to make it so people can join when I am running the exe.

First of all, NEVER just add the WADs, it's fucking WRONG.

Anyways, make sure your firewall is allowing connections to the exe mods as well.

Draykon said:
First of all, NEVER just add the WADs, it's **** WRONG.

Anyways, make sure your firewall is allowing connections to the exe mods as well.

How do you make sure?

Iv tried unblocking it from my firewall but it still dosent work. I run the exe but nobody joins.

Well first of all, you have to make sure people CARE enough to join. Did you set up a netgame beforehand, or are you just starting a game and hoping people join? It's very unlikely that people will just JOIN your alternate-exe game, considering that they also have to be running the exe, which is not nearly as widespread as the main game.

Yes I hosted netgames before and after I ran the exe, befor I had many people join When I ran the exe nobody joined then I hosted again with no alternate exe People joined again.

I didnt know other people had to be running the exe to join.
Most people I see playing JTE or srb2riders just add the wad, but Just adding the wad is not as good because some things are left out.

Woodstock said:
Most people I see playing JTE or srb2riders just add the wad, but Just adding the wad is not as good because some things are left out.

The wads are _NOT_ the exe. The wads are recources. The only thing you'll get from playing JTE is SA-City. However, srb2riders includes lots of race maps and such.

The reason most of the people I play srb2riders with like it because all the characters have the same speed and it is fair no matter what character you play as. but you have to run the exe to do it, if you just add the wad people say things like "no thoking as sonic"

Because when you just add the wad sonic can still thok and people get angry because it "isnt fair" I would rather just run the exe so there is no yelling and arguing about thoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back